DOES COUNTRY OF ORIGIN INFLUENCE YOUR PURCHASE

• HTML tutorial

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

I made that mistake just over a month & half ago of NOT doing the research on a company I bought a certain product I wanted. It wasn't the items manufactures fault, it was the company I bought it from was at fault. Took forever to get it w\o any replies of tracking or shipping information. Paypal was good about the posting of the item purchased, but that is were it stopped. The company finally shipped the product I ordered & even shipped it over night which I get tomorrow. I just didn't like the fact they lied to me over the phone.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Dont know if its allowed on here but members who have owned and used gear for lets say 5 years and had no problems or did but got the item replaced repaired good customer service , these are the revues id like to be reading.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Generally speaking, no. Quality determines my product purchase, not country of origin. If reliability isn't a requirement, value determines my purchase (not quality).

If I can help it, I'll avoid Chinese products. That's difficult to do these days, since most companies have their products made there. I prefer American made stuff, or German made stuff (tools, machined parts, etc.). Sometimes, the country of origin is so good at what they make...I have to go with them (i.e. Swedish hand forged axes are the best in the world) if quality is my priority.

Last edited: