Does anyone have decent temperatures in their area?

• HTML tutorial

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
It reminds me about the joke about why the IQs are lower in the southern states ... all the Smart Ones left. From an ex southerner
I heard that told the other way around: Back in the '30s a whole bunch of folks left Oklahoma and moved to California, thereby increasing the average IQs of both places.

In the low 90s here today, but supposed to hit 100 tomorrow. Gotta find some high mountains or foggy coasts to find nice weather right now.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Back up to 95. No wind. You can taste the ozone.

Thunderstorm in 3.....2.......

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Last week my wife asked where we could go that would be cooler for a few days. I told her Death Valley is 20-25 degrees cooler than here. Couldn’t sell her on it, even with the promise that there wouldn’t be any crowds.

Todd

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

We are having a fabulous summer in the Kootenays this year. It might hit 90 mid day but we get a bit of cooling rain almost every night. Last summer the fallers were unemployed for 8 weeks. This year, the forest is fully open and the air clear.

Heres how thick the smoke was last July.

DSC_0075.jpeg

And this year..

DSCN1161.jpeg

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hot here again today, mid 90s. Bad thing is thunder storms in the forecast , with winds in the 40 MPH range! I am hoping there is rain with the the thunder storm! It was the same time of year and conditions a year ago that we had a fire that burned my place, brothers and others neighbors lost everything! I will be going down to my favorite swimming hole with my dog to cool off. Hope all drink lots of water and remember to make sure that your pets have a way to stay cool and something cold to drink! Vance.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
We had nice rain with our storm, tons of lightning and outages, nice 75 breezy weather now.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Currently 84° in Oklahoma City. Supposed to be in closer to 90° for the next couple of days and then back to mid-upper 90°s but it's be a marvelous last couple of days.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hot here again today, mid 90s. Bad thing is thunder storms in the forecast , with winds in the 40 MPH range! I am hoping there is rain with the the thunder storm! It was the same time of year and conditions a year ago that we had a fire that burned my place, brothers and others neighbors lost everything! I will be going down to my favorite swimming hole with my dog to cool off. Hope all drink lots of water and remember to make sure that your pets have a way to stay cool and something cold to drink! Vance.
Life of Riley Vance. Creature comfort is what it's all about. I hate hearing about your losses, it makes me sick when I think about it. It is humbling isn't it, when you lose everything you owned and cherished.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Arkansas is a pretty State, Grub. Eureka Springs is a cool town, and Mountain View has lots of acoustic music if you like that, and both are high altitude so should be a little cooler.
That's funny...my wife was looking at places in Arkansas a couple days ago and said she wants to go to Eureka Springs. We did our first Arkansas trip in June and went fast and light tent camping out of the truck. In August we're going back with the camp trailer and kayaks and making a couple of weeks out of it. Sounds like Eureka Springs is it!

Last edited:

Dcooper

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

It was 95 here in Reno, NV. No humidity-tons of places to camp and beautiful Lake Tahoe is close by. BTW-Love NOLA and I can't wait to return in March to attend the Bourbon festival:smile:

Schuie11

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Marion, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Schumaker
Member #

Here in the Appalachian Mountains we have record lows 53f at night and 74f fir the day.