Does anyone have decent temperatures in their area?

• HTML tutorial

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I'm in south Louisiana and its 100 and with the humidity, its...well, its just INSANE! I went out to my metal shop and it was 118 before I turned on the exhaust fans...then it got down to 107. I might as well get out of here for a bit. I was going to head up to Arkansas but its hot and humid there, Tennessee is hot...north Georgia is hot. Does anyone have decent temperatures in their area? I was in Phoenix this time last year and it was crazy hot there, despite having less humidity.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

84 in my area of Southern California today. We had some heat a few days ago. It was in the low 90s.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
84 in my area of Southern California today. We had some heat a few days ago. It was in the low 90s.
That's not bad. I was stationed in San Diego over 30 yrs ago and I remember weather was always pretty good year around. Is there any camping in that area? I wouldn't mind hitting the PCH.

Reactions: Brewbud

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

95 where im at without humidity, i was looking for somewhere cooler to go for the weekend yesterdy within 200 miles. Dont look good anywhere, fish dont bite, would get bad sunburn in kayak. Im thinking about going to an aquarium or art museum or similar.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

That's not bad. I was stationed in San Diego over 30 yrs ago and I remember weather was always pretty good year around. Is there any camping in that area? I wouldn't mind hitting the PCH.

I live in North County San Diego. The coast is even a bit cooler right now. I am inland about 10 miles. Most of the camping in our area is further inland towards the mountains and deserts if you want to get away from the crowds. The desert is smoking hot right now (105). The mountains are much better in the mid 80s or so. On Monday the mountains were at hotter than we were by 5 - 10 degrees though so it can vary a lot.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
95 where im at without humidity, i was looking for somewhere cooler to go for the weekend yesterdy within 200 miles. Dont look good anywhere, fish dont bite, would get bad sunburn in kayak. Im thinking about going to an aquarium or art museum or similar.
Yeah, I was watching the news and they said 40 states are having a heat advisory...guess I'm not going anywhere for a while.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Got up to 95 today in Indy and supposed to be 97 or better for the next few days. Oh yeah and we got the humidity too so you don't wanna come up here either. Gotta head pretty far north this time of year to find any break from the heat.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Ohio is a perfect 85. 75 at night. Record rainfall for summer is just enough so I haven't watered the lawn yet this year. Once hurricane Weak Sauce passes, it's supposed to be terribly hot.

Hit a few trails this week. It's a bit too dusty. Needs more rain. I don't typically overland here in the Summer. That starts in the fall.

Reactions: Brewbud

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
doesn't sound like anyone is getting out much right now...when things cool off i bet places will be packed

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
95 now. Even the pavement mob guys have gone home early.

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

82° in southern mass today, gonna be 100° and humid... I think the whole US is a little warm this weekend

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm in south Louisiana and its 100 and with the humidity, its...well, its just INSANE! I went out to my metal shop and it was 118 before I turned on the exhaust fans...then it got down to 107. I might as well get out of here for a bit. I was going to head up to Arkansas but its hot and humid there, Tennessee is hot...north Georgia is hot. Does anyone have decent temperatures in their area? I was in Phoenix this time last year and it was crazy hot there, despite having less humidity.
Yup, currently 91, breezy and cloudy with thunder and light rain, 56% humidity, altitude 5910 asl. This is the hottest it's been all year but it's a wonderful hot. You just live in the wrong place grubworm. We don't have alligators for neighbors either. LOL

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I moved to Phoenix in 1974 on may 16th it was 112 degrees/ 24 hours a day. By late August it was 120 degrees at midnight when we went grocery shopping. Phoenix is a Hell hole and I would never go back in 6-7 months of the year there. I move back in Sept. 74 to my nice cool 100 degrees in El Paso Tx.

Semonster

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Segraves
Member #

If you can make it out to Lake Tahoe or Tahoe National Forest it is gorgeous. We are in town visiting friends this weekend and happy to escape the 98+ temps in Utah. Sun is a little intense given the elevation but the breeze and the water make it quite nice!