jhewitt03

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

29 palms CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hewitt
Hey everyone I'm currently building a Land Rover disco please post of your disco builds and hardships to give me some ideas! I know these things are a pain sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Zargon

Dakota Boren

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mustang, Oklahoma
Member #

What year did you get? Mines a '03. The cooling system has given me the most issues, but after changing the thermostat to the lower temp unit it's ran a lot cooler. I'd post a picture of mine, but I can't get the pictures to go on here but I made a sleeping platform in the back and it's been great to camp in with plenty of storage underneath. Also the nanocom is a great little scanner. The central locking only works on the cargo door and I have tried so many things to make all the doors work, but nothing does.

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

I'm building an 04. I second the low temp thermostat, got an older 4.0 block in mine after over heating/liner issues. Fingers crossed. After you get used to the constant leaks and random dash lights you'll love it! Get a scan tool or better yet a blue tooth one and use an app like Torque on your smartphone to keep up with and clear codes. Nice to see actual numbers like coolant temp rather than just an idiot guage. Good luck, let us know if we can help.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app