Does anybody overland full time?

• HTML tutorial

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
20170107_091855.jpg
Not sure if this counts, but we are retired and travelling fulltime. We use the trailer as our home and forward operating base, and are set up to camp in the truck too. We also can camp out of our packs too. The truck is my garage with all my tools, recovery gear and mountain bikes, and it is a power wagon so it gets pushed to its limits. The trailer is made for boondocking. It has offroad suspension, 78 gal of water, 4 batteries and solar, so we never have to use campgrounds if we don't want to. We have no house and don't want one.
20161227_120901.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Contributor I

If so please share rig photos and advice. My wife and I are soon to be heading out for full-time.[emoji289]

Sent from my SM-G530T using OB Talk mobile app
Hey there! We have been on the road for the last 18 months. We started in Virginia and are headed to Ushuaia, Argentina. (Currently in Colombia) We drive a 2006 Toyota Tundra double cab + 2005 Four Wheel Camper - Hawk and love our rig. It's reliable and comfortable. We would be happy to answer any questions as you prepare for your big adventure!! We also have a website with information www.TravelAmateurs.com Happy Travels!

Attachments

Contributor I

No difficulties throughout Mexico, Central America or Colombia. We've only heard that Bolivia is a bit complicated due to their restrictions on selling gas to foreigners. We have many friends who have traveled Bolivia so it's definitely possible just takes a bit of extra work!

Reactions: h.leehampton