Launch Member

Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

I didn’t take the camper but I spent the weekend in George Washington National Forest and took a bunch of drone vids 543A001A3281B3C742515249B59E54AC.JPG

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I didn't catch it if you said but, who's door and window is that and what are the dimensions? That looks like the size I want on both but pictures tend to be decieving.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
It’s been cold in the shop so I’ve been moving slow on finishing. I’m working on bending the aluminum over the roof and cutting the trim for the sides.
View attachment 137290View attachment 137292
Looks familiar except I covered mine in Filon instead of aluminum. I like the side window. I went for dual doors since my wife likes to get up in the middle of the night and so do I.

Are you going to leave the aluminum raw or are you going to paint/polish it?

TacomaSparky

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

I didn't catch it if you said but, who's door and window is that and what are the dimensions? That looks like the size I want on both but pictures tend to be decieving.
I got the door on Amazon from Vintage Technologies and the big window was taken off of an old camper shell.

Reactions: Sparksalot

TacomaSparky

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

It’s been cold in the shop so I’ve been moving slow on finishing. I’m working on bending the aluminum over the roof and cutting the trim for the sides.
View attachment 137290View attachment 137292
Looks familiar except I covered mine in Filon instead of aluminum. I like the side window. I went for dual doors since my wife likes to get up in the middle of the night and so do I.

Are you going to leave the aluminum raw or are you going to paint/polish it?
I’m just gonna leave it as raw aluminum

TacomaSparky

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

I had a stainless steel countertop made for the back. There’s a white cutting board on drawer slides so I can pull it out if I need it. Everything has been plumbed and wired in the back of the camper

Attachments

TacomaSparky

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

I got the door on Amazon from Vintage Technologies and the big window was taken off of an old camper shell.
Funny how that works. I sourced teardrop parts from all over the place, including Lowe’s and Bass Pro.
Yeah mine is pretty much built from Lowe’s and Amazon.

Reactions: Sparksalot