Spokane, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
Hung
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVK
Thanks! Thats a 1650....everything fits nice in there. 2 batteries carry some weight and the pelicans are up to the task with heavy walls for screwing the strapping in. To move this thing i take the batteries out though so i dont kill myself...lol.
Really appreciate this and looking forward to building this myself! I like the portability of it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Glenn

Arkantex

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arkansas
Thsnkyou!
I run a 100w monocrystalline panel and it has been plenty so far. Mono panels take in power in even lower light periods.
Sounds good. I have already started acquiring the parts needed. I’ve got the pelican case, power inverter and some solar panels. I bought the panels a while back and have them stored away in my shop. I don’t even recal the make/model/output ratings. Still need to get batteries, charge controller, outlets, etc. it is nice to see it all setup before I start assembling everything though! Do you have the solar panel mounted on top of your rig or do you have a portable stand for it?

Reactions: Glenn

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

I dont mount the panel because each camp spot is different. I have a 20' lead to be able to position it for the best sun collection. Time of year can effect it too. Winter months the sun is not as high and its nice to be able to change panel angle.

Reactions: Arkantex