Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I understand, I keep forgetting that on the N.W. west coast the sunlight is low to nil.
Sunshine is not an issue where I live, we only get 8-9in of rain per year. I am east of the mountains. The issue is more of the trees on the trails and the amount of power I use during the night.
On another recent trip without my wife, I only powered my CPAP and a few cell phones. In the morning the battery was still near full charge. So demand vs. amount of sunshine time is the issue. I have not pulled the solar system off yet and won't till I have the other system fully installed. Then I can see what works better for me.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Sunshine is not an issue where I live, we only get 8-9in of rain per year. I am east of the mountains. The issue is more of the trees on the trails and the amount of power I use during the night.
On another recent trip without my wife, I only powered my CPAP and a few cell phones. In the morning the battery was still near full charge. So demand vs. amount of sunshine time is the issue. I have not pulled the solar system off yet and won't till I have the other system fully installed. Then I can see what works better for me.
Plz keep us posted !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Very Nice !.... Just a little paint and your set...
I'm still waiting on my welder to fab some hold down tabs on the front like the ones on the rear. Then the paint and it will be a wrap. I have yet to mount the new tires because of a little trimming needed to be done on the front bumper valence. It's not a tough job but I can't do it physically yet. I Still want to get with you some day to talk solar and see your setup first hand.