DIY Smittybilt Onboard Air

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ
First Name
Jake
Last Name
McCurdy
New here but thought I would post my Smittybilt onboard air system . I modded a smittybilt compressor to mount under the hood and added a pressure switch and manifold to make it more like an ARB. It's worked great so far and it's much cheaper than an ARB based system. I hope this helps anyone not wanting to pony up $600+ for a similar ARB based system.

Attachments

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

New here but thought I would post my Smittybilt onboard air system . I modded a smittybilt compressor to mount under the hood and added a pressure switch and manifold to make it more like an ARB. It's worked great so far and it's much cheaper than an ARB based system. I hope this helps anyone not wanting to pony up $600+ for a similar ARB based system.

This is awesome I wonder how hard it would be to do something like this in my ZR2

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ
First Name
Jake
Last Name
McCurdy

This is awesome I wonder how hard it would be to do something like this in my ZR2
Thanks! I don’t see why you couldn’t. You just need to find a mount and a place to put it.