Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Great job, man. I especially like the job you did with the slides. . . easy to see you put a lot of thought and planning into this. Hope it's as easy and efficient to use as you dreamed it would be! Now the fun starts . . . have great adventures with it!

NineMile Overland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

ON, Canada
Member #

Great job, man. I especially like the job you did with the slides. . . easy to see you put a lot of thought and planning into this. Hope it's as easy and efficient to use as you dreamed it would be! Now the fun starts . . . have great adventures with it!
Thanks! So far only 1000km on it but after the first test run we are really happy with the way it turned out. The main goal was to keep it light weight (1200lb dry/ 1400lb loaded) so that our Element could tow easily, which it did nicely. Few little tweaks here and there but overall a success!

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Thanks! So far only 1000km on it but after the first test run we are really happy with the way it turned out. The main goal was to keep it light weight (1200lb dry/ 1400lb loaded) so that our Element could tow easily, which it did nicely. Few little tweaks here and there but overall a success!
You're welcome - you did a great job. Impressive, really, and I'd love to see in-progress images sometime from frame up.

Though wow, only 200lb of cargo? Just ten gallons of water will weigh 83lbs. My off-road trailer, not that you have to be like mine at all, is 1125lbs curb weight and will hold 2375lbs cargo, for a max GW of 3275. I rarely, if ever, have it loaded that heavy, but it's really easy to get over 200lbs.

Let me know if you're ever on the Maine coast, or keep an eye on my instagram to see where in North America I might be wandering, and I'd love to see your trailer in person. You can see more about my adventure rig there, too.

Here's hoping you get that trailer out as much as possible this year!

NineMile Overland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

ON, Canada
Member #

You're welcome - you did a great job. Impressive, really, and I'd love to see in-progress images sometime from frame up.

Though wow, only 200lb of cargo? Just ten gallons of water will weigh 83lbs. My off-road trailer, not that you have to be like mine at all, is 1125lbs curb weight and will hold 2375lbs cargo, for a max GW of 3275. I rarely, if ever, have it loaded that heavy, but it's really easy to get over 200lbs.

Let me know if you're ever on the Maine coast, or keep an eye on my instagram to see where in North America I might be wandering, and I'd love to see your trailer in person. You can see more about my adventure rig there, too.

Here's hoping you get that trailer out as much as possible this year!

NineMile Overland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

ON, Canada
Member #

I guess I should have clarified my cargo weight. The 1180lb curb weight includes the trailer, RTT, awning, kitchen (stocked), LP tank and storage totes (empty). We pack lite like backpackers with 13l of water, cooler, dry goods and luggage weighing in at 200lb give or take.

I have documented the build on Instagram @ninemileoverland if you are interested.

We have lots of travel ideas in Maine might be part of those plans at a some point.

We are located in Southern Ontario.

Reactions: Road