Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
A little something I put together for the front of the truck bed.

Mollie front bed header Panel  v2 2019 Tacoma.jpg

Back from the laser cutter, from design to reality less than 6 days

20191005_183208.jpg

Had to slot the mounting holes since My measurements was off by about 1 cm. I also updated the cad model to put a bit of a radius in at the bottom corners

20191011_145704.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
A grid to mount standard Molle Pouches which there is just about one for anything you can imagine. and the holes are for quickfist or whatever else you can think of. basically a frame work for origination of storage
View attachment 121924
Ah haaa very clever way to store them with some organization.:hearteyes:

Reactions: Pyrotech

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
What did it cost to have this cut?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
it was cheaper for me to make my own than buy one. I am thinking about offering them for sale if there is enough interest to help drive the unit cost down a bit.
Do you have a laser cutter and cad program to do this ?

Cprosser99

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Prosser
Member #

I see you having success selling these to people who have a barn door style rear door (obviously Jeeps but also the new Ram trucks with the barn door tailgate) or as an attachment for the swingarm between the wheel well and tailgate (name escapes me). Another idea is inside of a camper shell or camper... Cool idea though.

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
I see you having success selling these to people who have a barn door style rear door (obviously Jeeps but also the new Ram trucks with the barn door tailgate) or as an attachment for the swingarm between the wheel well and tailgate (name escapes me). Another idea is inside of a camper shell or camper... Cool idea though.

would need to measure and figure out how to mount them. Right now All I have is my Tacoma, and an old Jeep Cherokee.

Reactions: Cprosser99

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I love that. I was planning on the same thing for my truck. I was going to have it cut on a Water-Jet, but I am in that world, not lasers.
I did find a company on-line that sells them, but they want more for them than I am willing to part with.
Great job on that.

Reactions: Pyrotech

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

And you take it to ? A welding shop, machinest, sheetmetal shop ??? Is it aluminum ?
I've had success getting this kind of stuff done at places which make signs; specifically those offering metal signs. I've made load-bearing parts this way before. Not their typical customer... but I'm sure the machine doesn't care if it's cutting structural brackets or words out of a 1/4" stainless plate. :-)

Definitely call them up and determine the max size of material they can work with, before you make your design!

Last edited:

MjC54

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arlington Tn
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Cominsky
Member #

A little something I put together for the front of the truck bed.

View attachment 121919

Back from the laser cutter, from design to reality less than 6 days

View attachment 121920

Had to slot the mounting holes since My measurements was off by about 1 cm. I also updated the cad model to put a bit of a radius in at the bottom corners

View attachment 121921
Those turned out nice. I had some made by a local shop on their laser cutter. We used 3/16 aluminum. Gave me a ton of new mounting options. Also added some strength to my RTT rack. 20191004_145959.jpeg20191004_145946.jpeg