Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0132.JPG IMG_0131.JPG Also, Harbor Freight has the pieces and parts I made my Jeep ones out of... I wish mine went out further like these do. I have some DIY brackets mounted to the hood latches which leaves forward of the latches 'open'. After these were taken I went back and plastidiped them. Sun on shiny was killer. The eyelets would be a lot stronger too. Good project and good ideas for next time. TU

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

View attachment 26662 View attachment 26661 View attachment 26660 View attachment 26659 Also, Harbor Freight has the pieces and parts I made my Jeep ones out of... I wish mine went out further like these do. I have some DIY brackets mounted to the hood latches which leaves forward of the latches 'open'. After these were taken I went back and plastidiped them. Sun on shiny was killer. The eyelets would be a lot stronger too. Good project and good ideas for next time. TU
Very cool those look great

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

View attachment 26662 View attachment 26661 View attachment 26660 View attachment 26659 Also, Harbor Freight has the pieces and parts I made my Jeep ones out of... I wish mine went out further like these do. I have some DIY brackets mounted to the hood latches which leaves forward of the latches 'open'. After these were taken I went back and plastidiped them. Sun on shiny was killer. The eyelets would be a lot stronger too. Good project and good ideas for next time. TU
Nice work !

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

After reading your thread about your DIY Limb Lifter I too went shopping. However, I found some threaded eye terminals that I really liked the looks of and I did not have to deal with the ferrules. Found these at Harbor Freight. They were a couple of dollars more than the ferrules but did not need a special crimping tool and provided a much cleaner look and absolutely no lose ends to get caught on anything. I also made mine with a quick disconnect on the top. Takes just a second to undo. Thanks for the inspiration to do it myself.

IMG_1417.jpg IMG_1418.jpg

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Be careful with the quick disconnect, a limb will quickly disconnect it for you. I learned the hard way on that one. There just happened to be a bolt from the roof rack handy so I put a little bracket up there and mounted it a little more safely to prevent the quick disconnect from untimely release... one of the things I love about the 4wheeling/Overlanding community is their ingenuity. This is one of those great little projects that pays great dividends, is cheap to do and there is a hundred different ways to accomplish it...

Reactions: Glenn

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

That's a good point. I will replace the pin with some sort of locking disconnect. I did place the bolt through my rack at a 5 degree angle away from the front of the jeep so there is no weight on the pin at all but the extra precaution is sound. Thanks for reading my post and offering your advice. Gratefully accepted.

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

To the OP... when using cable clamps there is a little thing to remember.

Never saddle a dead horse.

The live end of your limb riser cable should be against the saddle and the tail should be under the u-bolt.

The clamp at the grille end on the passenger side of your rig is installed correctly. The one at the roof rack end on the same side is installed incorrectly and will slip if load is applied to it. Just looking out.
25F60F34-C4D1-4637-8408-7BC8BD95BC81-26397-00001837EC362006.jpeg

Last edited: