Rank II

Contributor III

Burnaby, Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Weisenfelder
Member #

This is still a bit of an ongoing project but thought I would post a few pictures of the drawer I am installing in my ram 1500 short bed. I looked at several of the drawers on the market but none of them suited what I was looking for and they were quite expensive. So I thought I would give it a go to build something a bit more custom.

I used 60 inch drawer slide in combination with an inner drawer with 32 inch drawer slides. I kept the height low enough so that I could store a front runner storage box on top and a small 25 L Dometic fridge in the back that I am waiting to order. It fits/slides underneath the Retrax cover and hardware. Still have a lot of work to do and need to use some plus nuts to bolt it down to the bed..

Attachments

Blackclover

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Roe
Looks like a nice setup! Good job. I’m curious if you have links to the materials you used. I have been thinking of doing a little bit of a upgrade to my drawers I have.

This is still a bit of an ongoing project but thought I would post a few pictures of the drawer I am installing in my ram 1500 short bed. I looked at several of the drawers on the market but none of them suited what I was looking for and they were quite expensive. So I thought I would give it a go to build something a bit more custom.

I used 60 inch drawer slide in combination with an inner drawer with 32 inch drawer slides. I kept the height low enough so that I could store a front runner storage box on top and a small 25 L Dometic fridge in the back that I am waiting to order. It fits/slides underneath the Retrax cover and hardware. Still have a lot of work to do and need to use some plus nuts to bolt it down to the bed..

Jerome1500

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Weisenfelder
Member #

Looks like a nice setup! Good job. I’m curious if you have links to the materials you used. I have been thinking of doing a little bit of a upgrade to my drawers I have.

No problem here are some of the items…

1/2” Russian birch plywood w exterior glue and 2 coats primer w 2 coats deck paint. Assembly w pocket holes, but will need to reinforce the span that supports the wolf pack box

Extruded 80/20 aluminum 1” (10 series) from Rocky Mountain Motion Control- but it is available at many places unfortunately aluminum prices are jumping

Jerome1500

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Weisenfelder
Member #

No problem here are some of the items…

1/2” Russian birch plywood w exterior glue and 2 coats primer w 2 coats deck paint. Assembly w pocket holes, but will need to reinforce the span that supports the wolf pack box

Extruded 80/20 aluminum 1” (10 series) from Rocky Mountain Motion Control- but it is available at many places unfortunately aluminum prices are jumping
Let me know if there is something specific

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Looks good man! I like that it's nice and simple.

Doing custom work is the way to go, IMHO. You can build it exactly like you want, and when you're done, you've got something you can be proud of.

Jerome1500

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Weisenfelder
Member #

Looks good man! I like that it's nice and simple.

Doing custom work is the way to go, IMHO. You can build it exactly like you want, and when you're done, you've got something you can be proud of.
That was my final conclusion as well… I still have a ways to go like I said but I can certainly use it now the rest is just a bit more customization

Jerome1500

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Weisenfelder
Member #

Did a little more work on it today…. Added T slot rails for tie down points and cut the panel over the wheel well

Attachments

Reactions: Dave Snyder