DIY hi lift jack for subaru

• HTML tutorial

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania

As subarus dont have option to use hi lift jack when you lift it its becoming pretty high from ground and normal jack wont do anymore plus it would take just minutes to recover car from being stuck , so before i did it similar on my 2001 outback and now for my 2005 outback. Front is bolt on , nothing welded to car or anywhere nothing modified just bolt on, and its not just to lift car with it but its recovery points for towing as well with custom diy recovery adapters for shackles.
And rear for now just for lifting car , to recover car tow still using oem one with shackle.

Rear allready has that aluminum impact bumper that has holes allready as well so i just modified those and cut holes in bumper for easy access.

And my hi lift jack adapter diy as well

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
yes i need to try it out. i did same on my 2001 and was testing it when i was stuck and it was like 20 min job only for me alone noone around to get unstuck and drove off from there. so i know it works.
dont know what esle could saved me from that first picture, but you not going from that yourself home for sure. hi lift jack, fast lift up dig sand under wheel and good to go . i lifted car about 50cm there easy and fast and recovered myself alone.

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
got stuck in deep mud on winter tires, and they didint do much in mud as we all know , maybe they would if i wouldnt stop just keep momentum but i didint know that road , at least it was some way to lift car and put something under wheels so it wouldnt be down. but i couldnt save myself there myself so some pull with other car made all more easily as car was not down in mud

what i like a lot about that in the end you remove that and it looks just your stock everyday wagon nothing special about it even with lift but larger tires it kinda lost that lift look now.
so then you wash it and it normal car again, doesnt look like it can handle hi lift jack there

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
so this goes with hi lift recovery points just its some extra stuff on this model. but in all this only stuff could be used as hi lift point too, but for now it will be just recovery point. so end result

and how i got there

but to make it even stronger how about connect it with OEM rear tow hook

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

This is some great fabrication work. Reminds me I need to learn to weld.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

So you figured out a hilift jack wont do squat for you when stuck and then turned it into recovery points. Thats what i like to see, someone learning by doing.

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
So you figured out a hilift jack wont do squat for you when stuck and then turned it into recovery points. Thats what i like to see, someone learning by doing.
well no i did front recovery points with hi lift points and rear i had allready oem some. and i was saving myself in sand couple times , fast and easy, no other jack could lift that high and that fast , but when your car sinks down its hard to do anything, still i was recovered from that deep mud just because i did lifted my car all 4 corners before with hilift jack, and then other car could pull me out. because i did lots hard work to that point with hi lift jack.
this recovery point is better because its higher car will never sink more then to bumper i hope so that points is allways on top no need to dive under c ar to find it .

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Sorry you did all that work...these go for about $45 and mine has worked on every vehicle Ive tried it on, from an F250 to my 2019 Rav4.

HiLiftLiftMateWheel.jpg

Reactions: Roqon

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
Sorry you did all that work...these go for about $45 and mine has worked on every vehicle Ive tried it on, from an F250 to my 2019 Rav4.

View attachment 145724
yes i saw these in action before i did my mods and i saw limitations in there. if your all wheel or half wheel is deep in mud , and sinking you wont put any jack up there and lift car, if jack will slip just little you can damage your car , or even brake windows and such. If it slip from front or rear they much farther from car . yes you can use them in worst case scenario or in at least some hard ground but car better be on level at least and you need to have access from side where your wheels are. its just so messy in mud . where i was stuck i wouldnt even try to lift my car like that there, but from front and rear was more stable and more space for me to work there. its just better way to do lifting. and not all rims will work on that , not all subaru rims i mean. they mostly OEM rims.
and my points are for everyday working on car ,as i do all stuff myself, when you need remove wheels to do some jobs there , just lift it from front or rear. Its not just recovery , so i duno i have solution here for all cases recovery and just lifting car to do some work there. and you can do it with clean clothes , as you dont need to go under car and such to put some jack there. And its like 30 seconds for me to lift any wheel in car without need change clothes or even gloves.

need to change brake pads, links, bushes , etc on car so you need to remove wheel, fast and easy and its ready, just for recovery yes no need, but for all car stuff its works so good.

working on my previous outback. bam its lifted and i have all freedom on drivetrain , its loose there as no jack is under something there to lift car

changing wheels , removing struts or puting lift spacers on it, so easy and fast with hi lift jack. So as i worked a lot on my previous car using it i know whats best now for this too, as its lifted its more high now from ground and normal oem jacks doesnt reach that height anyway anymore, plus there is no danger to bent something by lifting car with normal jack under side car as that car was rusted there, but it was fine to do that from front and rear.

so thats why hi lift jack

Last edited: