DIY faucet setup for Scepter water jugs?

• HTML tutorial

DesertWalker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cave Creek, AZ
Member #

Looking for a simple diy faucet setup for the Scepter water jugs. I would rather not use the air compressor setup so I can also use it on river trips. I'm thinking maybe a foot pump? What ideas have you all come up with?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I saw a nice gravity fed system a while back. Had 3, 6gal jugs attached using hosing you use for a refrigerator water system (I think..) and ran down the bed, and tucked away hidden behind the rear bumper. the spicket/faucet was attached to the bumper. it was a pretty neat system.

CntrlOregonADV

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redmond Oregon
First Name
John
Last Name
Barnes
Member #

ajemayer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corona, CA
Member #

Reactions: JaimyMac630

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
We've been using one of these from Living Overland. If you look on the site, they have a DIY kit and one that is assembled. Looks both are currently on back order, but you may be able to put one together with your own parts. Adding this to our kit has been one of the best mods we've done. It's so nice to not have to deal with moving or pouring from the can while out on the road. Wife loves it. Highly recommended.

http://www.livingoverland.com/2013/08/12-volt-water-system-scepter.html

Scepter.jpg

DCFISK

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

LANTANA, TX
Member #

We've been using one of these from Living Overland. If you look on the site, they have a DIY kit and one that is assembled. Looks both are currently on back order, but you may be able to put one together with your own parts. Adding this to our kit has been one of the best mods we've done. It's so nice to not have to deal with moving or pouring from the can while out on the road. Wife loves it. Highly recommended.

View attachment 39164
Cool, very compact setup. Looks like they are sold out of the kits so there is no pricing. Any idea what they are asking for them?

Reactions: The Lone Overlander

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Cool, very compact setup. Looks like they are sold out of the kits so there is no pricing. Any idea what they are asking for them?
I don’t recall exactly, I think it was under 100 bucks... In looking at them, they are probably pretty straight forward to build yourself. I think the faucet is just a standard RV setup. Probably pick one from RV supply or online easily. The pump is the tricky bit, but I’m sure there are similar to what they use out there.

If you didn’t see this page, it shows a bit more detail on the kit build.

Brian

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: DCFISK