Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Yep, all my Wranglers have had dog beds instead of a rear seat. Going on 30 years now.

the pool noodles are impressive
trlr 019.jpegan

Rotti number 3 loves to be in the action. He'll ride watching everything for hours.

Last edited:

Cody Streeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Streeter
Member #

Yep, all my Wranglers have had dog beds instead of a rear seat. Going on 30 years now.

the pool noodles are impressive
View attachment 156303an

Rotti number 3 loves to be in the action. He'll ride watching everything for hours.

Thank you. This is my 2nd time building one. I think a lot of people do this for their dogs, so we should all pool our knowledge and help one another.

Reactions: Utahrootbeer

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I’ve contemplated a platform, but am worried about the doggie flying through the cabin in a sudden stop. I had previously “temporarily” removed the 60 portion of the 60/40 seat in my Tahoe. When my doggie came to live with me, I found a bed that fit the space. When laying down, she’s completely behind the seat or console. She’s tall enough to look out the windows while sitting on the floor.

2B7E3024-C89A-4A71-B62D-88826DED0065.jpeg

Reactions: Cody Streeter

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Great idea!

When I first got the 4runner and went off-road with my dog I thought I could just stick him in the back seat and away we'd go. Nope! He would not sit still, would fly forward when I had to hit the brakes, it was a mess. I ended up buying an additional memory foam dog bed for the back seat and some harnesses/seat belts to keep him secure. Night and day difference. He just chills on the bed now and relaxes during the ride. I have to come up with a new idea now that I've pulled the rear seats for a platform build.

Reactions: Cody Streeter

Cody Streeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Streeter
Member #

I’ve contemplated a platform, but am worried about the doggie flying through the cabin in a sudden stop. I had previously “temporarily” removed the 60 portion of the 60/40 seat in my Tahoe. When my doggie came to live with me, I found a bed that fit the space. When laying down, she’s completely behind the seat or console. She’s tall enough to look out the windows while sitting on the floor.

View attachment 156324
There are dog seat belts that work with most harnesses, or companies like raingler nets that make netting designed to stop them from doing that. I use a dog seat belt. I still want them to be able to put thier heads out the window. I also store stuff under the seats when I go camping.

Chewy.com has seat belts and other restraints.

Cargo, barrier and dog safety nets - Raingler Nets for cargo and safety nets

Reactions: Sparksalot

Cody Streeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Streeter
Member #

Great idea!

When I first got the 4runner and went off-road with my dog I thought I could just stick him in the back seat and away we'd go. Nope! He would not sit still, would fly forward when I had to hit the brakes, it was a mess. I ended up buying an additional memory foam dog bed for the back seat and some harnesses/seat belts to keep him secure. Night and day difference. He just chills on the bed now and relaxes during the ride. I have to come up with a new idea now that I've pulled the rear seats for a platform build.

If you need any any ideas let me know! Also check out Raingler nets

drmarryjoseph

Rank 0

Contributor II

USA
First Name
marry
Last Name
joseph
Dog euthanasia is a difficult yet compassionate decision made by pet owners to end their dog's suffering when they face severe illness, advanced age, or unbearable pain . This process of dog euthanasia involves a veterinarian administering medication to peacefully end the dog's life, typically in a clinic setting. It's a heartfelt choice taken when a dog's quality of life diminishes significantly, ensuring a painless and dignified passing. Veterinary professionals and pet owners alike strive to make this moment as comforting and peaceful as possible for the beloved pet.