Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

Great build!
Something I've been debating for mine, are you worried about the height and position of the RTT? I'm worried a bit that if I go that high and put it over the axel I'll have swaying. I've always been told and read that you want it to be tongue heavy.

Reactions: tkt0912

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

Great build!
Something I've been debating for mine, are you worried about the height and position of the RTT? I'm worried a bit that if I go that high and put it over the axel I'll have swaying. I've always been told and read that you want it to be tongue heavy.
I'm honestly not that worried...... but I would like it lower, just for air resistance/fuel economy for longer trips. The tent rack is fully welded and should have plenty of support/strength. I placed the axle at the appropriate point in the trailer, so that it is balanced for proper tongue weight. The axle is pretty wide as well, so I believe that would help as well.
I've also got my 2-100ah AGM batteries in the front of the cargo box, so I'm sure that helps with tongue weight as well.
Hope I kinda answered your question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

I'm honestly not that worried...... but I would like it lower, just for air resistance/fuel economy for longer trips. The tent rack is fully welded and should have plenty of support/strength. I placed the axle at the appropriate point in the trailer, so that it is balanced for proper tongue weight. The axle is pretty wide as well, so I believe that would help as well.
I've also got my 2-100ah AGM batteries in the front of the cargo box, so I'm sure that helps with tongue weight as well.
Hope I kinda answered your question.

Good to know. I'm thinkin GB about putting batteries and a small solar setup in my tongue box as well. What ones did you go with?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lilkuff

Rank 0

Contributor I

What doors did you use? I will be converting my trailer from a tub to a box style this year and doors are the one thing I’m hung up on.

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

What doors did you use? I will be converting my trailer from a tub to a box style this year and doors are the one thing I’m hung up on.
I ordered them online. They were custom made to my dimensions, as I was hung up on whay exactly to do and had already impatiently cut holes. lol
Overall, the doors are ok and look good after painting. However, had I seen them in person before I purchased them, I would've never bought them. They're just really flimsy and I feel like I have to baby them. First few trips with the trailer went great, but over time, I'm not sure how they'll hold up.
If you still want the name/site, let me know and I'll send it to you.
Ty