Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, United States
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
Osantowski
Member #

So, I built my own cowboy wok out of a plow disc and my old boy scout camp stove. I bought a lid on Amazon. The whole thing cost me $75. I have painted it black with stove paint since those pictures were taken.

I love it! It’s so great to cook on. Constantly looking for recipes to try out on it now.

Attachments

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
So, I built my own cowboy wok out of a plow disc and my old boy scout camp stove. I bought a lid on Amazon. The whole thing cost me $75. I have painted it black with stove paint since those pictures were taken.

I love it! It’s so great to cook on. Constantly looking for recipes to try out on it now.
You know you have broken the internet with this post right?....LOL
Epic and congrats. Nice work Sir.
Zim

Reactions: Advtres and Sixpack

Sixpack

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Morgan
Last Name
Osantowski
Member #

You know you have broken the internet with this post right?....LOL
Epic and congrats. Nice work Sir.
Zim
Thank you!!

Sixpack

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Morgan
Last Name
Osantowski
Member #

I imagine this required some welding? (It's not just bolted together?)
Sorry, I’m not on here too often. Yes welding was required. It was a plow disc so there was a hole I. The center for a gun and holes for lug bolts. Then I welded large nuts on the bottom to screw the legs into and nuts for the burner and wind deflector. If you decide you want to make one I’m happy to help

Reactions: lhoffm4

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
What are you using to store it for transport? I built one myself, but have not transported it yet. I was thinking about a tire cover, but am still sorting it out.