DIY cargo drawers for LR4

• HTML tutorial

Wyantz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis
Member #

I referenced many of the members' projects and came up with the following drawer system and cooler slider. I enjoy woodworking so I bought a few pieces of birch plywood, ordered drawer hardware from Amazon and spent a lot of time on the stain and poly. It was fun and I really enjoy the wood look, but it took patience to let stain and poly dry. I really took my time with measurements. I recently added grip tape, D ring tie down loops for Tembotusk cooler straps on the cooler slider. I had never done drawers before and I'm very pleased overall! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

The Nothing

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

pdx, or
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BSB
Been planning my setup still... What sliders did you go with?

Wyantz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis
Member #

Everything seems to be working sell so far. I did these for the drawers: 28" Series 758 220-lb. Heavy-Duty Full-Extension Centerline® Lifetime Slides And this set for the cooler slider (500lbs): Fulterer 5400L Heavy Duty Slide 28" Lock In/Lock Out
The little slider table on bottom right is actually a server rack. Works well to set the camp stove on and was pretty cheap. The bottom left opening is where I store the camp stove and other gear that is typically used often for easy access.

Reactions: The Nothing

TOUGE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Coast QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

Nice! Where did you find the expanded metal for the stove?
The tray looks like a standard sliding rack tray but installed upside down, it will come with the sliders installed with usually rack unit ears on them. They are used mostly in server racks. If you google "sliding Rack Tray" or "Sliding Rack shelf" you should be able to fine somewhere that sells them.

Reactions: Veggie Man

Wyantz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis
Member #

Here is the link to the server rack. It works really well and it's pretty affordable. StarTech.com 2U Adjustable Mounting Depth Vented Sliding Rack Mount Shelf- 50lbs / 23kg - Sliding Server Rack Shelf - Server Cabinet Shelf

Wyantz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis
Member #

Just finished up another drawer system for my buddy's JK. Instead of the metal server slider, I used .5" plywood.