• HTML tutorial

m0to

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego
Member #

Hello!
I have a temporary but solid solution right now, but, I would prefer something a bit more streamlined with some mounting points. I would prefer to keep my Softopper as it keeps things out of mind, out of site when I'm in town. And it helps protect my gear from the elements as well.

So my question is. Has anyone built their own, and what material did you use? I'm leaning towards aluminum and I'm taking a welding class next week. I don't expect my first attempt to be stellar but hopefully functional. Here is what I have setup right now. I've approached two handfuls of fabricators and they are either too busy, unresponsive, or not interested.

Vantech P-3000 Ladder rack
Softopper
Custom milled aluminum mount where the ladder rack and Softopper frame attach.

Any advice or input would be very appreciated.

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
Hello!
I have a temporary but solid solution right now, but, I would prefer something a bit more streamlined with some mounting points. I would prefer to keep my Softopper as it keeps things out of mind, out of site when I'm in town. And it helps protect my gear from the elements as well.

So my question is. Has anyone built their own, and what material did you use? I'm leaning towards aluminum and I'm taking a welding class next week. I don't expect my first attempt to be stellar but hopefully functional. Here is what I have setup right now. I've approached two handfuls of fabricators and they are either too busy, unresponsive, or not interested.

Vantech P-3000 Ladder rack
Softopper
Custom milled aluminum mount where the ladder rack and Softopper frame attach.

Any advice or input would be very appreciated.
I built this out of square steel and angle iron as I have no bender. My aluminum rack broke in half at Death Valley from the washboard roads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk