Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUC
Late July, early Aug headed to CO from CA. Goals are Black bear, Imogene, and last dollar, then moab on the way back. Thinking of stopping around flagstaff for a night to camp. Any suggestions for trails or camp spots? Near flagstaff/ coconino NF. Travelling with 2 dogs that love to swim

Thanks!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Late July, early Aug headed to CO from CA. Goals are Black bear, Imogene, and last dollar, then moab on the way back. Thinking of stopping around flagstaff for a night to camp. Any suggestions for trails or camp spots? Near flagstaff/ coconino NF. Travelling with 2 dogs that love to swim

Thanks!
There are several other amazing trails in the immediate vicinity of those you've mentioned that you might consider if you have the time..... Probably too many to list easily.

Sorry I can't help with flagstaff. It has been several years since I last camped there.

frosty_t4r

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cogburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WROT556

Thanks!
Wing Mountain is a great spot to camp as well as Pickett Lake!

2G4R

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUC
There are several other amazing trails in the immediate vicinity of those you've mentioned that you might consider if you have the time..... Probably too many to list easily.

Sorry I can't help with flagstaff. It has been several years since I last camped there.

any favorites? mayb top 5..

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

any favorites? mayb top 5..
Corkscrew, Hurricane, California together

Engineer, maybe Cinnamon for the Alpine Loop

I love Stony Pass as well, but it may be too far out of your way.

Reactions: 2G4R

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Thinking of stopping around flagstaff for a night to camp. Any suggestions for trails or camp spots?

Thanks!
we were driving from page down to sedona last year and we found some good boondocking on hwy 89 about 1/2 hr north of flagstaff. the wife just used her phone and typed in "blm land" and quickly found it. it is right off the highway and had a lot of spots there.

also google Freidlein Prairie Dispersed Camping . its right in that area as well

enjoy your trip!