• HTML tutorial

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Hello!

Decided to upgrade my Jimny. Had to choose between the GF and my dog every time I wanted to go exploring..
Always wanted a disco2. Found one that has been taken good care of in the Norwegian Land Rover Club. Drove it 1300km from where I bought it and home, and by the time I was home, I was in love!
I am planning adding a cage for the dog and a drawer system, with a second battery on a dc/dc charger. But first it has to pass it's MOT. If it fails, it is probably because of some mods. Will have to wait and see :)

Took it out on it's first trip this weekend. Here are some pictures: :)

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

That first picture... :openmouth:

Best of luck with the future mods & travels! They're a great platform :)

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

It's been raining for weeks. No really keen on wet-camping :P Hoping for colder weather and snow soon.
Had the disco in for it's MOT today. Failed on hand brake and 3 of the 4 ball joints in the front. So not bad :) Besides that it is still raining, and the car is to tall to fit in my garage... Nothing is better than working on a car, soaking wet :D

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Replaced ball joints and passed MOT just in time for christmas. I bought a new winter sleeping bag. Supposed to be good for down to -20C. And keep me alive down to -35C. So with the car mot'ed and happy, I was ready for some winter camping! But, but...
Something is wrong this year. There should be snow. Plenty of snow! But we have 7C and rain... And I don't like camping when it is pouring down with rain :P

I have another thread here somewhere with a Suzuki Jimny. This car is now retired. It has moved to an island somewhere in northern Norway. Where it will live happily with access to 9km of road and plenty of non road areas. It has mot for 2 more years, and will serve as a utility car for my mother which lives on this island for that period. When mot runs out, I will turn it into a pure off road project.

I have also mounted some spots on the roof of my disco. And removed them again the same day. I liked the distance I got with them. But they created a lot of drag and wind noise. And also lit up my hood and dash. So they sort of blinded me more than they helped me. I have some mat vinyl on the hood to reduce glare, but this wasn't just glare. The hood lit up like day light :P Putting some spots that will give more distance on the front. Bit bigger than the ones on there now. And I will try a led bar on the roof. A led bar can be moved further back, the spots are to big to be moved.

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

No time for the car these days :( Redecorating our house takes most of the time. Managed to take the time to replace the MAP and MAF sensor and the front prop shaft. Drives like a dream atm :) Hope it lasts for a while. But it is a LR after all.

Also made my self a rear drawer, for when I have time to go camping again. The inner compartment will hold tools and the other will hold camping stuff.

Reactions: Tinker and Correus

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Only fix I've had to do lately has been my leaky power steering. A few seals later and it is all good :)
No faults means time for mods and trips! Added a dual battery system with a 95AH AGM battery. Also got a cheap fridge. No compressor with temp controls or anything. Just a motor constantly running. But I rarely stay anywhere long enough for it to drain my battery. I disconnect the fridge at night too. Keeps pretty cool when I don't open it. Might change now that summer is coming. If I have to run it when I sleep, it is still cheaper to upgrade with a second battery than to buy one of those fancy fridges.

The Ctek d250s unit:

A recent trip:

A different recent trip: