Dirt Bikes: Anyone else throw one on/in the back?

• HTML tutorial

KTM_OPEN

Rank 0

Traveler I

Love the 4 runner and H 3 setup!

I ride a ktm 200 and have always used the pickup bed to haul them.
I’m coming up with my own hitch hauler for more clearance on the back. Possibly 2 bike set up.

This is my new rig I’m starting to build. Can’t wait to take the wife out and explore on the bikes!

Attachments

Forjas

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

The World
First Name
Felipe
Last Name
Nascimento
Member #

Just as the title says, I can't be the only one who like to cruise around.
Not to mention it makes an excellent backup travel vehicle in case of emergency.
Let's seem some pics of your two wheeled #BRAP mobiles!

Here's my 2009 wr250f, stock but uncorked.

Which Moto-Hauler is that, is it the Ultimate MX Hauler? How do you like it when going off the grid.
I'm actually preparing for a similar setup. Have a LX470 and want to haul a WR250R!

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I know a lot of people that take their bikes with them.... Nearly half of the trailers I sell have the Moto tray option.

Reactions: Road

flyfisher117

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Idaho
First Name
John
Last Name
Hansen
Member #

Just as the title says, I can't be the only one who like to cruise around.
Not to mention it makes an excellent backup travel vehicle in case of emergency.
Let's seem some pics of your two wheeled #BRAP mobiles!

Here's my 2009 wr250f, stock but uncorked.
How does that hitch hauler work? I've been wanting one for better ground clearance than my current one.

Cant believe there arent more dirt scooter riders here. Any more my truck is the base camp and the bike is my adventure machine. The bike goes more places and is cheaper to fix when something breaks, I also dont have to ride it to work monday.

Attachments

Reactions: desl and Wallygator

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Back in the day, I trailed my motocross bike behind my car. I did a hitch with a bolt vertically through it and a piece of pipe the width of the spindle welded across the top. I pulled the front wheel and put the spindle bolt through the tube and tightened it down. Add a couple of tie downs to the bumper and presto the bike will follow you anywhere. Remember to put it in neutral or drop the chain. By the way, don't try and back up more than a few feet.

I probably pulled my bike a couple of thousand miles like this. Surprisingly I saw little if any wear on the knobby.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I want a dirtbike, but at 5 foot 5 and with a 30" inseam, there are no bikes small/lightweight enough for me that are also street legal.

Reactions: MidOH

flyfisher117

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Idaho
First Name
John
Last Name
Hansen
Member #

I want a dirtbike, but at 5 foot 5 and with a 30" inseam, there are no bikes small/lightweight enough for me that are also street legal.
There are plenty of short riders, I am only 6' with a 32" inseam. Any competent mechanic can also lower a bike ~2". This lady rides a full size 2 stroke. Her 4 stroke is lowered 2".

Link to Youtube

Crossoverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis, IN
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Manners
Member #

65395272_389858821877470_9093956479953115676_n.jpg
Makes my butt sag a lot, looking into getting King Springs shipped from Australia to throw on the OEM struts. Not a whole lot I can do with McPhearson struts on all 4 corners. Next up, some smaller wheels (19" stock pictured to 17" aftermarket) some nice bronze wheels with some A/T's will look nice I think! Got the kayak bars sticking out on both sides of the roof rack too, when I have gear on the rack, kayaks on, and a dirtbike I'm at my bump stops!

Reactions: Wallygator

desl

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Lennon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6VNY
The Zuma or the skiff

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
My wife and I explored Vieques island in Puerto Rico on rented Zuma 125s. They were amazing for the cratered dirt backroads out there and fine for getting across the island on the blacktop as well. We only managed to bottom one out by riding two up and dropping into a 12 inch deep hole.. everything else it just took like it was nothing. Great bikes for exploring in my experience.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

My wife and I explored Vieques island in Puerto Rico on rented Zuma 125s. They were amazing for the cratered dirt backroads out there and fine for getting across the island on the blacktop as well. We only managed to bottom one out by riding two up and dropping into a 12 inch deep hole.. everything else it just took like it was nothing. Great bikes for exploring in my experience.
We love our Zuma, sold the 50cc and got a 125cc.......much better, especially for two.4F6B4EC0-621D-43DE-8E3E-458C7C5FEC84.jpeg

Reactions: Wallygator

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness

BS.

My inseam is only 3" more. And I flat foot a dirt bike. You only need to put one leg down. Slide over on the seat so that leg is an inch or so lower. And put both feet on the pegs before you let he clutch out. Dragging your feet only upsets the bike, it'll take a few seconds for it to fall over, but newbs always act like their feet can do anything. They can't, so unless you want to join the broken knee club, don't do that.

I've seen far shorter riders on big enduro bikes. Most motocross racers are wee lil horse jockeys now.

Reactions: Louiston