Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Thanks guys.

Looking good!! Do you have the light bar temporarily wired? Or just waiting for the rears to do it all at once? Been considering a front light bar, as well. So just wondering how well yours works.
Thanks. No, it isnt wired up yet. My sPod came in last week, and I am waiting to install my Rigid Industries back up lights before I wire everything up.

How do you like the Rough Country lift? Is it just the front & how does the Jeep ride?
It really doesnt effect the ride at all. You just notice that you see more hood. I will be installing an OME 2" lift in the next week or so, and I am curious to see how that effects the ride.

Also, the drawer is in. I found a trekpak that fit perfectly into one side. Now I need to measure the remaining compartment and order some pelican foam. I also installed a Midland Micromobile MXT275 for trail communication. I went GMRS as I also do some OPFOR work with law enforcement and we all use Midland handhelds.

Drawer so far:
Drawer System

Dash shot:
Uconnect 8.4

Close up of the radio install:
Midland Radio

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

A lot of people ask me what Directive 51 means, and why I decided to use the name. I was a bit of a prepper before Tom Clancy's The Division came out. I am a big fan of overlanding and airsoft, because they are fun, but also because they are great practice for SHTF scenarios. That said, I loved the story of that game, and it made sense to me that if I was going to build a bugout/overlanding vehicle, that I would do it S.H.D. themed. Its still a work in progress, but here it is as of November 2018.

**Before someone gets offended by the holster set up, just know that that is only for when I am out on trails by myself. Otherwise, my sidearm is always on my hip.

11.17.18 1

11.17.18 2

11.17.18 3

11.17.18 4

11.17.18 5

11.17.18 6

11.17.18 7

Ross

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Augusta, SC
Member #

Tell me about your wiring. I'm new to the Jeeps and had a 4Runner which was really simple. The Jeep seems more complicated. BTW: I'm not super mechanically minded, so pics help.. LOL.. Great build..

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Nice looking rig. I am just starting with mine. Do you have the quadra lift air suspension and how does the 2" lift work with that?
No, I have standard spring suspension. I think Rocky Road outfitters is working on a 2" lift for quadralift, and it will be the first one that I know of.