Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Hey everyone,

So about a month ago, I traded in my 2012 5.7L WK2 for a 2016 3.6L WK2. Both are limited, so pretty much the same equipment. But with my new job and new home, I have doubled my daily driving distance, so the trade was really about trying to save money.

2012 WK2 Limited 4x4
DSC_0032 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

And here is the 2016 WK2 the day I picked it up
Week 1 - 1 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

And here is how it sitting today
5.7.18 Dirt Roads by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

So far, I have just been doing a few cosmetic mods to make it more to my own liking. I am almost finished with the chrome delete. I am using tungsten duracoat on all of the chrome accent pieces. The door handles I replaced, and all of the emblems have been swapped out for ones from a Trailhawk. I swapped the rims for a set of 2018 limited rims, and once the RRO leveling kit is installed this week, I will start tire shopping.

The Rhino Rack Vortex RSP roof was installed yesterday, and this weekend I'll be installing a RC Black Series single row LED bar under the front rack. I will be following the great instructions that 2180miles posted in his build thread.

More to come...

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Rough country Leveling kit went on without a hitch. Was able to fit the recommended 265/70R18 without any scrubbing. After shopping around, I decided on the Falken Wildpeak AT3. I haven't had a chance to go test them out, but the road noise and vibration is minimal so far.

5.12.18 - 1 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

5.12.18 - 3 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rough country Leveling kit went on without a hitch. Was able to fit the recommended 265/70R18 without any scrubbing. After shopping around, I decided on the Falken Wildpeak AT3. I haven't had a chance to go test them out, but the road noise and vibration is minimal so far.

5.12.18 - 1 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

5.12.18 - 3 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr
Looks great! Where'd you get replacement door handles?

Reactions: Directive51

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

A couple of small editions over the weekend.

Mounted a Greyman Tactical rigid molle plate the inside of the liftgate.
Rigid Molle Plate by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

And mounted the Rough Country light bar to the front Rhino Rack bar.
Rough Country Light Bar by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

I'm hoping to have the drawer system in a week or so.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Looks great! Surprising how little love the WK2's get. You're right, they are great looking and capable. Imagine all the haters will love them when they are as cheap as WJs are today.

What else you got in the plans?

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Looks great! Surprising how little love the WK2's get. You're right, they are great looking and capable. Imagine all the haters will love them when they are as cheap as WJs are today.

What else you got in the plans?
Thanks man. I just ordered my drawer system for the cargo area, and I have quite a few more additions that I am planning. I have been looking at Chief products, as a really want a hidden winch mount eventually.

Reactions: MoreGone

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Great build! Thanks for sharing! I have had fiancial delays in continuing my build. I got the most basics but need sliders bad!

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Its been a while since I updated this.

Added Anzo LED headlights and Chief Products lower protection plate and sump protection plate a week or so ago. Then I installed a frontrunner outfitters slimeline roof platform. My drawer system is being made right now and should be delivered by the end of month.

2018-09-18_06-27-00 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

gabe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

miami
Member #

Beautiful rig, my wife has been talking about trading in her r/t charger for one. I interested in seeing what else you do with it.

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

More Updates.

ExtremeLED 40" lightbar has been installed. I still need to install the Rigid Industries reverse lights into the rear bumper, and then I will wire everything up to the sPod. I also got the Frontrunner Maxtrax mount and Rotopax mounts installed.

After a few months, my drawer system is finally here, and I will be putting it in this weekend. Still not entirely sure what I will do about the spare after the drawer is in.

10.8.18 Front End

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Looking good!! Do you have the light bar temporarily wired? Or just waiting for the rears to do it all at once? Been considering a front light bar, as well. So just wondering how well yours works.

Reactions: gabe