Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Well, I was able to finally get the Leer installed, and gave her a bath this weekend. Now I am trying to decide if the next purchase should be a storage system, or go ahead and start buying recovery gear. I know most of you will say recovery gear, but I am slightly OCD, so it would drive me insane to have recovery gear just thrown in the back.

DSC_0006 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

20170805_200637 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Not entirely sure yet, still shopping around and trying to figure out how big I can go after the lift. definitely open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

So, while I am still trying to decide on tires, I am also trying to decide what to do about storage. I thinking about a Decked bed storage system, and a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform system for the roof. To be honest, I want both, but I think I just need to pick one for now.

Also, I found a huge construction site while out exploring this weekend. Turned out to be a great place to take pictures.

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/Z4CaPp']
[/url]

Reactions: Jimmy P

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Has Decked released a system for midsize trucks? That would be great if they support your rig. I use a Rhine rack on my Jeep JKU. You take a huge hit on aerodynamic when you fit a roof rack. I would try and stick with internal storage if you can. This will pay off on those longer Overlanding trips. Since Jeeps offer little internal space, the Roof rack is needed. You may not have the same issue with your truck. What will you use as your sleeping system? Are you sleeping in the truck, or ground tent?

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

I've been in touch with Decked and they are telling me they should have the system for my truck in about 4 weeks.

Right now, I'm sleeping in a ground tent. I would consider a RTT if I eventually get a trailer, but for now, I'm fine with the ground tent.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I love the idea of a customer foam mattress, cut to fit over the Decked storage system, in the bed. If we get a ZR2, that's the direction we are going.

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

That's not a bad idea at all. I might be a little too tall for it though.

My plan is to install a truck glide system on top of the decked platform, and move my spare and recovery gear to the truck glide. I want to make it as easy as possible to get to everything I need.

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
Sweet rig. I'm a big fan of the zr2. Also, competitive shooting. What type of comps are u doing and into?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Sweet rig. I'm a big fan of the zr2. Also, competitive shooting. What type of comps are u doing and into?

Thanks man. Right now, mostly IDPA and steel challenges. I haven't been shooting competitively that long, but I have been shooting most of my life. What about you?

amp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Pittelko
Member #

Hey guys,

I am going to warn you right off the bat, this is going to be a slow build. With my family, work, competitive shooting, and my other hobbies, I am just going to have to divert funds to this build when I can.
Very interested, we are close to placing an order for a Duramax ZR2
But truthfully, you had me at Competitive shooting.
What do you shoot? I shoot alot of USPSA and have started into PRS recently, I dabble in 3 gun.
Tony

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Very interested, we are close to placing an order for a Duramax ZR2
But truthfully, you had me at Competitive shooting.
What do you shoot? I shoot alot of USPSA and have started into PRS recently, I dabble in 3 gun.
Tony
I'm actually in the process of building up to 3 gun. I shoot a M&P, that I am about to send off to ATEi for some trigger and slide work, and I am building up my AR. Its a Bushmaster QRC. So far, I have added a BCM 14" milspec barrel, 13" BCM KMR Alpha, PRI Comp from TTI, and a few other "upgrades". I am actually trying to decide on a shotgun right now, so any suggestions would be welcome.

amp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Pittelko
Member #

I'm actually in the process of building up to 3 gun. I shoot a M&P, that I am about to send off to ATEi for some trigger and slide work, and I am building up my AR. Its a Bushmaster QRC. So far, I have added a BCM 14" milspec barrel, 13" BCM KMR Alpha, PRI Comp from TTI, and a few other "upgrades". I am actually trying to decide on a shotgun right now, so any suggestions would be welcome.
This is way off your topic but, tried and true is the Benelli M2, the Stoeger 3000 is a less expensive option that is a really great SG.

I am shooting an Infinity in open division USPSA and a Sig MPX in PCC division.

My 3g rifle (AR) is a mix match of stuff i put together. Mossberg 930 shotgun and an Infinity limited division pistol.

My PRS rifle is a Big Horn Arms receiver with an masterpiece arms barrel and Masterpiece arms chassis with Kahles scope.

I have not filmed many videos lately, but www.youtube.com/amp7876 have some matches I have shot posted on there.

Back on topic, anything you don't like about the ZR2?

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Ha! Not a problem and I will defiantly check out your channel.

I cant really think of anything that I don't like about the truck. It is extremely capable and rides very comfortably. If I want to nitpick, the phone charging tray is too small to charge most modern phones, but thats about it. I have a few more small things I want to get done in the next couple weeks, then I need to pick out tires, which I am leaning towards General Tires Grabber AT2's, and then I am going to figure out a storage solution.

Reactions: amp

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
Thanks man. Right now, mostly IDPA and steel challenges. I haven't been shooting competitively that long, but I have been shooting most of my life. What about you?
I shoot some Idpa as well. Not as much since I built my steel shooting gallery at my property. I shoot a nighthawk GRP, and built XDM both in .45. I have built wasr AK I like to ring out as often as I can. I got some cool stuff beyond that but most of the time it the nighthawk and the ak.

Reactions: amp