• HTML tutorial

Dixer

Rank 0

Traveler I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Dix
I just purchased a diesel heater and have a question. There are times during travel when I can't fit everything in the cab area that I need to stay warm. My thought was to add the diesel heater in the box of the pick-up ( exhaust out the floor) and have the warm air go into a large box under the topper. just wondering if anyone has done this sort of thing before?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
They sell a heater packaged in a metal case that you can set out anywhere and just pipe the hot air where you want it.

Dixer

Rank 0

Traveler I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Dix
That's what I bought, I was just wondering if anyone used it while going down the road, en route to camp?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Going down the road with the heater running can be problematic. Getting it to vent correctly is a crap shoot. Personally, I would not try it.

Reactions: M Rose and Road

Dixer

Rank 0

Traveler I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Dix
Going down the road with the heater running can be problematic. Getting it to vent correctly is a crap shoot. Personally, I would not try it.
There is very little air movement under the truck cap, only the exhaust would be going out the floor and running next to the truck exhaust. What would be problematic? I've seen video where there are outside in windy conditions without issue?