Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Dr., the transplant was a complete success! Took my new Walmart Vevor All-In-One apart and moved it into one of the HF Apache 4800 cases. While doing so, upgraded the motherboard/controller/remote combo as well as the fuel line. Still using the original fuel tank, but I will be swapping it out for one of my smaller outboard motor gas tanks, for the quick disconnect feature and higher fuel capacity. I didn’t like the idea of connecting one of the CDH tanks to the side of the case as many have done. This way, it will be easier to fill/transport and store, plus the extra fuel capacity will be useful.

Attachments

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Brother, you are a doctor! Nice work. Let us know how everything works.
Ran it most of the day, yesterday, runs like the proverbial “raped ape”. Until I close the case for longer than 30 minutes while the heater is on high (P-5.4). Then the heat sensor (in the controller) gets too warm and shuts it down. After some consulting with peers on the CDH forum(s), I discovered I need more air flow/ventilation if the box is sealed as well as these “weatherproof” cases are. Another thought is to remove the controller from inside the box. Some folks extend the controller wires to allow the controller to be inside the tent or mounted to a wall in their van or trailer. Since I have a remote control, I may just mount mine on the outside of the box, to keep it cooler. Will keep everyone posted on what I come up with. I’d like to minimize the holes I drill into a weatherproof case, but Silicone is my friend... I am also looking to find someone to 3-D print some vents for the box...that don’t think they need a mortgage payment for same... “Outside voice?”

Reactions: OldManJack

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Finally sorted out the quick disconnect fuel tank... I guess my old outboard tank and hose had issues, gunk, cracks, air in the lines, etc. I broke down and picked up a new tank and hose assembly and hooked it all up. It gave me fits for a couple days with battery issues, air bubbles, glow plug codes, etc. but I finally sorted it out with the new hose, fittings and fuel tank. Now it’s purring like the proverbial kitten! I’m hoping the 3gal (11+ liter ) tank over the original 5 liter tank really extends my run time. I got about 12 hrs on the 5 liter, so expect 24 hrs +/- on high heat setting for the 3 gal tank.

Attachments