Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
I just re built my all in one into a Apache case and have been running it in my garage for testing. It works pretty well. Outside temps have been as low as 21 F outside and the garage has been in the 57-63 F range. Soon as I sort out the permanent fuel tank solution, I will be field testing it in the rtt.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
How's the condensation issue? that's my problem with the buddy, it makes it rain inside my suboverlander
no condensation with the diesel heater. All exhaust gases expelled outside. Only dry heat pulled over heater by a fan and into your car, tent, space you are looking to heat. Go to Facebook and search Chinese Diesel Heater Forum. You will find several from all over. Most will have very clear documents and information you can download to include videos and downloadable documents on everything you could want to know. The moderators tend to be short sometimes when folks don’t read through stuff before asking questions that others have already asked. I suggest you check out different forums and type your questions in the search bar first then ask the group if nothing comes up. I only suggest this as I have been lurking on these forums a while and see folks get frustrated when asking about the heaters and folks get snarky with them because they have not tried to search for answers before the same questions come up over and over. Trust me when I say searching first will get you farther and the real gurus will know you are trying tofind answers and then they will chime in and help you. JMHO. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, just have thick skin if some folks get snarky. You can also pm me as I have purchased an ALL-IN-ONE 5KW heater, tire it apart and installed it into a pelican style case for my roof top tent trailer. I did this to increase ruggedness for transport, ease of use for heating not only the tent, but mine can heat 4 different spaces at the same time. I have also heated my garage/shop and am confident now it could easily be great kit for any vehicle as an emergency tool. Feel free to ask anything about them and check out the forums. Good luck and stay warm...

Reactions: Shahn

caj13

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Auberry, CA, USA
First Name
carl
Last Name
johansson
sorry to have bent you the wrong way Hoff. I don't do facebook. I did type in condensation / diesel heater here, but got a bunch of "installed - it "should" not produce... But i was hoping someone with real experience would let me know. I have bought and installed one of the Chinese knockoffs to the webasto heaters - but that was in my Defender 110 MOD - which I sold before i had a chance to try it out. Clearly i need to ask my question in a different forum - as apparently participants here don't take kindly to helping out others by answering questions (even if it is a "Oh my god another moron asking me the same Q again - I have to answer this 3 or 4 times, and typing in "YES" is so exhausting and time consuming".

as for exhausting and time consuming - try watching 18 minutes of drivel looking for a single specific answer!

so I humbly ask the moderators to delete my account - clearly I am not worthy to participate here with all of you true overlanders!
out!

Last edited:
Reactions: lhoffm4

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
sorry to have bent you the wrong way Hoff. I don't do facebook. I did type in condensation / diesel heater here, but got a bunch of "installed - it "should" not produce... But i was hoping someone with real experience would let me know. I have bought and installed one of the Chinese knockoffs to the webasto heaters - but that was in my Defender 110 MOD - which I sold before i had a chance to try it out. Clearly i need to ask my question in a different forum - as apparently participants here don't take kindly to helping out others by answering questions (even if it is a "Oh my god another moron asking me the same Q again - I have to answer this 3 or 4 times, and typing in "YES" is so exhausting and time consuming".

as for exhausting and time consuming - try watching 18 minutes of drivel looking for a single specific answer!

so I humbly ask the moderators to delete my account - clearly I am not worthy to participate here with all of you true overlanders!
out!
I hope you are still here, I really didn’t intend to seem negative. On the contrary, I meant to just warn you about some of the other forums out there, particularly the Chinese Diesel Heater forums. This group has been very positive, so don’t leave based on my miscommunication. I only intended to answer your questions and provide additional resources and information. I meant no disrespect.