Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Wondering if you pulled the trigger on these I'm looking at them now. I have used the Extreme Country but now I need a more AT tire. Opinion?

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I to have used the extreme county before and really liked them but am also looking into the exp . Not a lot of reviews out there on them unfortunately sense they are a newer tire design . If you do get them post up Some pictures of them

Reactions: 1derer

Jgallo1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

I have the exp. They are an awesome tire so far. I have about 8k on them. They are quite on the HWY and have worked for me in sand and gravel.

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I have the exp. They are an awesome tire so far. I have about 8k on them. They are quite on the HWY and have worked for me in sand and gravel.
Willing to take some pictures maybe give a bit more of a review: what you have them mounted to and how do you use your rig, what tires have you used in the past how does the EXPs compare? to help others decide if they are worth giving up for the known leaders?

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I to have used the extreme county before and really liked them but am also looking into the exp . Not a lot of reviews out there on them unfortunately sense they are a newer tire design . If you do get them post up Some pictures of them
Yeah I will need to pull the trigger on tires before the end of the year if I go with the DC EXPs I'd be happy to do a write up.

Jgallo1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

I will try and snap a pic alittle later today or tomorrow.

Here is a more in depth review. They are mounted on a 1st gen tacoma. You can see them alittle bit in this thread:

I am a huge cooper fan St maxx and at3. Dick Cepek is made by cooper (which is one reason I like them).

Like alot of us, my rig is DD and I just dont love mud tires on a DD, I also dont love the weaker sidewalls of mud tires. This is why the last few years I have really enjoyed the cooper's. For the terrain I encounter and the HWY miles I see they seem to be the perfect fit.

When I picked up this 1st gen, I knew i wanted a 32" skinny. I didn't want to go up to a 17" wheel or a 33" tire, just me. When I was reading about tire specs, it turned out that dick cepek exp. 265/75 /16 was more of pizza cutter. It is 32" x 10.2 " and not to heavy which is a concern with these little toyota's.

So far I have used them in sand, gravel, rutted out logging roads, rocky desert roads in NM and Utah and alittle snow. I have had zero issues, they clean themselves well. They don't throw huge rocks and they seem to be durable.I dont think they are loud.

Hopefully that helps.

• Love

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

I had the Coopers and now have the DC Extreme Country on my Jeep and have to say that the Coopers were better. They lasted significantly longer (almost 80k miles with a 5 tire rotation vs. 37k on the DCs today and I might just get another 10 or 15k out of them).

Even though both were formally the same size (285/75/16), the DCs had the same height as the Coopers when they were almost bald - about an inch less..

But, the Cepeks are cheaper initially and you can do the math when comparing the life expectation. When I need a new set i might go back to the STT, or try an AT. I am currently running the Falken Wildpeak ATs in our pickup truck and like them.

Last edited:

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Check on four wheel parts they’re having a very good sale on some sizes of the trail country EXP. i’ll have a set of 315 7516‘s tomorrow

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Really liking the tread pattern so far , should work great . View attachment 128089
Those look like the Extreme Country but the lugs are closer together, I've had a set of those and liked them a lot for a hybrid MT but this time looking for something quieter since they will be mounted on my daily driver. I was really happy with the pavement performance and off road they never disappointed but did have a good buzz, not as bad as KM2s but louder then I want this time around. I am hoping the EXPs are a lot quieter or at least as quiet as the KO2

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I will hopefully get them mounted on the rig by Tuesday , have a bit of trimming and metal shaping to do , it’s a tight fit .
Those look good, I have a buddy with an Xterra small lift and put on 33s sill needed to do some fenderwell heat bending to keep them from scraping. Afterwards it was fine, highly under rated truck!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Those look good, I have a buddy with an Xterra small lift and put on 33s sill needed to do some fenderwell heat bending to keep them from scraping. Afterwards it was fine, highly under rated truck!
Ya I went 35s so I have a lot of heating and trimming lol

• Wow

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Little update , have about 4K on them now . Still smooth and surprisingly quiet , There is tire noise from them but nothing obnoxious loud high-pitched or anything like that just you know the tires are there .
In my opinion they are stiff , I run about 26psi on the road , 15 on the trail and 8 in the snow .
Thankfully with them being the lightest 315 7516 and finding a set of lighter wheels My freeway mileage has only dropped about one mpg and around town around 2 to 3. So far I am extremely happy with them and very glad I went with them.
They seem to get fantastic traction and gravel , wet leaves, When air down they work phenomenally well in the snow and ice And I haven’t really encountered much mud yet but on a rather steep uphill climb with client a bit of clay in with the mud I had no issues staying in 2 Wheel Dr. and very little wheel spin or drama. 184CE4B2-1A4D-403F-A274-352D8F872DBE.jpeg0B22AE22-8D93-44CD-90FC-E6243F0E10DE.jpeg54BFB807-FEE7-4967-9561-74C01EA4B632.jpeg