Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
In the small town of Peach Springs, AZ, about 2 hours west of the Grand Canyon Village, is Diamond Creek Road. There was little info out on the web about this from what I found, but what I did find was that you would need to purchase a permit as it is on Hualapai Indian Reservation land. This is a mild trail that leads you to the bottom of the western part of the Grand Canyon down to the Colorado River. This trail might take you an hour to run to the river. There is camping at the bottom and area to explore on foot. At least that's what I have read and heard. We made the drive from our campsite at the Grand Canyon and found the Hualapai Game and Fish building (stone building next to the Post Office, just west of the gas station) where we would need to pay and pick up a permit. Due to the copious amounts of rain and snow they've received this spring, the road was closed this day. I grabbed contact information from them so I could call instead of making that drive again to confirm the status of the road. Since we were unable to run this trail due to the conditions, we found a different road, but I wanted to pass the info on so you may be a little luckier and can run it. I believe it's about $16 per person for a day permit. Might be more for camping. I have heard that there might be a group rate as well. Hope this helps!

Hualapai Game & Fish
Phone: (928) 769-2227
Hours: M-F: 8-5, Sat: 9-3

Reactions: GPsGeeps

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
On my list of trails still to do. Here are a couple of articles:

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Thanks to the OP for the info and to you for these links. :sunglasses:

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA

I have seen about 3 articles on it but nothing definitive on info as some bits conflicted from what I remember. I appreciate you posting these to better help anyone looking to see this trail. I figure having contact info just adds to the possibility of being able to run the road if the conditions are right.

Reactions: 1Louder