Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Question, will we be going to Quichita also? I thought I saw that mentioned, maybe it was my imagination lol
This is in Quachita National Forest. If you type Holly Creek Campsite" in Google Maps, Ways, or Gaya ..that will get you to the peninsula where primitive camping is. We went to Southwest end, all the way down. There is more room there. GPS coordinates 34.27952, -94.68742.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Things are definitely not coming together for me to make this trip... So wanted to make this and get to know everyone! Bad luck and funds not letting me get the truck ready. Things have been ordered but will not arrive in time. :-(
Sorry you won't be coming this trip. Hopefully will see you next one :)

Reactions: Grumpy's Travels

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Question, will we be going to Quichita also? I thought I saw that mentioned, maybe it was my imagination lol
This is in Quachita National Forest. If you type Holly Creek Campsite" in Google Maps, Ways, or Gaya ..that will get you to the peninsula where primitive camping is. We went to Southwest end, all the way down. There is more room there. GPS coordinates 34.27952, -94.68742.
We were there this weekend also

Attachments

Reactions: Busaman2013

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

Hi thank you! Are those coordinates for Holly Creek? Or the Southwest end?

Reactions: Wilson123

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Both. Take the trail all the way down once pass the sign for primitive camping. There are sites off too the left (East) but the did not have as much room as the one further south to the left. There is a boat ramp down there as saw guy last weekend unloading his fishing boat. Saw fish jumping in lake in cove if any fishermen. We will be getting there Thursday night to make sure spot Still available.

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

Both. Take the trail all the way down once pass the sign for primitive camping. There are sites off too the left (East) but the did not have as much room as the one further south to the left. There is a boat ramp down there as saw guy last weekend unloading his fishing boat. Saw fish jumping in lake in cove if any fishermen. We will be getting there Thursday night to make sure spot Still available.
Ok thank you! Will be getting there around 9 Thursday night from San Antonio, hopefully we’ll find a spot, we’re excited but nervous at the same time, we’ll my wife is lol, it’s our first overlanding trip ever.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ok thank you! Will be getting there around 9 Thursday night from San Antonio, hopefully we’ll find a spot, we’re excited but nervous at the same time, we’ll my wife is lol, it’s our first overlanding trip ever.
We will be there about 6:30-7 if can get off work early

Reactions: Busaman2013

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Plan to leave DFW around 3:30 Friday afternoon so arrive somewhere around 7ish with son, dogs, and another friend in his rig. Anything planned for Saturday in terms of trails/exploring?

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Plan to leave DFW around 3:30 Friday afternoon so arrive somewhere around 7ish with son, dogs, and another friend in his rig. Anything planned for Saturday in terms of trails/exploring?
Found a good trail for Saturday. About 24 miles...took about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. Easy am with a couple rougher spots but not too bad.

RadioGuy75067

Rank V
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Lewisville, Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Compton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5COU
Service Branch
ARMY VET
I plan on leaving after work on Friday to head straight there from Dallas. (Earlier if I can)
I’m assuming that everyone meets up Friday at the Base Camp and trails start on Saturday?

I will be bringing recovery gear and I have a winch now. I will also have all my tools in case of a breakdown. I just had to swap the chain in my XFER case cause it was stretched and slipping. I need a new case cause mine is toast, but it’s been driving for a long time with no fluids (unknown to me when I bought the thing) so I think I’m good for this trip. The truck feels tight and strong considering.

Attachments

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

we did this sunday after we cleaned up camping area.one of many in the area. figure leave camp around 10. be done by 230. found a cool lunch spot. any questions please text me. 469 724 6607. shawn need to talk to you about your cell booster when you get there.

Attachments

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

add a photo of truck. if good clearance of at least 10" should be just fine.
Yes, I think it’s more than that.
2 wheel drive with locking diff and traction control also. BF KO2’s
Sent 2 pics, recent one with black wheels.

Attachments