Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

looking at GPS coordinates in gaia - is this part of national forest? It doesn't show up as public land on any of the overlays I'm using.
Quachita National Forest. There are Fire pits and some makeshift outhouses...looks like made out of old silos.

RadioGuy75067

Rank V
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Lewisville, Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Compton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5COU
Service Branch
ARMY VET
I’m supposed to work that weekend but I’m going to find a way to get out of it. I’ve been looking for an organized trip to learn stuff first hand for too long to miss this! I’m in!

David jacobo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Jacobo
Member #

How often do you wheel these particular trails. I have been very curious about them because I live in eastern Ok. Can't go this time due to work but would be interested in going sometime in the future.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

How often do you wheel these particular trails. I have been very curious about them because I live in eastern Ok. Can't go this time due to work but would be interested in going sometime in the future.
For this DFW group as a group event 1st time but many members have been to the Broken Bow area separately.

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

Hi, I have a question. I’ll be going to OK on September 25th, is this trail ok for my rig?
2wd with lockers, lift, traction control and all terrain tires. She seems pretty capable.
Thank you!

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hi, I have a question. I’ll be going to OK on September 25th, is this trail ok for my rig?
2wd with lockers, lift, traction control and all terrain tires. She seems pretty capable.
Thank you!
Yes, just treat it like rough farm roads, a couple wash boards, if going to deflate, 25 should be fine as lowest setting, there are a couple more difficult trails if people want to try them but hardest we did had to lick up once for steep hill but not that bad

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

Yes, just treat it like rough farm roads, a couple wash boards, if going to deflate, 25 should be fine as lowest setting, there are a couple more difficult trails if people want to try them but hardest we did had to lick up once for steep hill but not that bad
I’d like to try maybe the more difficult ones just to see how capable she really is. Looking forward to going, this will be our first Overland experience with you guys. Or first ever for that matter.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

This will be my first, so not sure but I think it’ll be amazing. It’ll be my first time ever doing this, getting ready for it even as we speak.
I have been in the area multiple times. Never have I been disappointed with the area. But I have never driven on the Forest roads near holly mountain area. I Did a trip with a couple other members north of there a few months ago. It was a great time. I’m just debating if I want to head down so close to our other trip in October or not... I am leaving on the 10th. So this one Is really close in timing

Reactions: Busaman2013

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

I have been in the area multiple times. Never have I been disappointed with the area. But I have never driven on the Forest roads near holly mountain area. I Did a trip with a couple other members north of there a few months ago. It was a great time. I’m just debating if I want to head down so close to our other trip in October or not... I am leaving on the 10th. So this one Is really close in timing
Good to know that it’s not disappointing, but it’s understandable if you can’t make it, hope you can though, but time will tell. Good luck to you, maybe we’ll see you there.

Reactions: ryanorr280

Grumpy's Travels

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Things are definitely not coming together for me to make this trip... So wanted to make this and get to know everyone! Bad luck and funds not letting me get the truck ready. Things have been ordered but will not arrive in time. :-(