Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

So has anyone got anything planned for January? Maybe a meet up or a trip, I thought Barnwell Mountain for a day trip thoughts?
We are still headed to Barnwell Mountain this coming Sunday, 1/26/2020 for day trip if anyone else wanting to meet up. Will be fun getting to go through the trails.

Reactions: atomicode

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

We are still headed to Barnwell Mountain this coming Sunday, 1/26/2020 for day trip if anyone else wanting to meet up. Will be fun getting to go through the trails.
I will not be able to make it this Sunday after all. Sorry! Hope you have fun and the weather is good for trails.

Reactions: Wilson123

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Had a great time at Barnwell Mountain! Even got to use our winch to help get downed tree out of the way of blocked trail :) Trails for all levels.

Attachments

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

I believe so, I would be game to get together soon if we abide by the social distancing and masks. But hey I’ve been out dealing with all these crazy’s everyday. Can’t wait to see you all you guys soon.

Reactions: Grumpy's Travels

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

are the BRA parks around Possum Kingdom lake any good? not really dispersed but free and close to the lake.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Been there, but never 4WD or tent camping
The Ouachitas are a cool drive. I know of a retired FS campground on the water I frequent often.
I led a diesel gathering the end of February. it was a three night event. Met at the lake, traversed the eastern section of the K-Trail, spent $8 on a campground site then ran the next day up to Ouachita lake to a free camp site. If the paid sites are still closed, I have an option that is free.
Gonna be very muggy and full of ticks real soon though.

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

The Ouachitas are a cool drive. I know of a retired FS campground on the water I frequent often.
I led a diesel gathering the end of February. it was a three night event. Met at the lake, traversed the eastern section of the K-Trail, spent $8 on a campground site then ran the next day up to Ouachita lake to a free camp site. If the paid sites are still closed, I have an option that is free.
Ouachitas are cool. So is the area east of Broken Bow and beaver lake. I was rher a couple weeks ago.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Ticks are supposed to be really bad this year. That's all we need, Lime disease with the Corona virus, now the party can start.......

• Haha
Reactions: Laud

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

I'm down for a day trip so something relatively close to DFW, but pretty much past the point of overnight camping for a few months unless we get a lucky cooler weather weekend.