Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

so we (wilson123/wife) went up saturday to scope things out. we got two great spots to camp with great scenery. did a couple of trails in between both spots great views up high of the lake and tree lines. working on getting that set up to show and get input as to when and which spot. see everyone next week. we will also talk what was and not open for food (restraunts) as neither are far from either end of the camp locations.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ouachitas in OK?
We were in Hochatown by Broken Bow Lake. Quachia National Forest. Beautiful area, only 3 hrs from Dallas...then about an hour down whatever trail to take to campsites. Found a few good primitive right on water. 1 Area near waterfall that would need to spend a few minutes clearing if will be using a tent . Some great trails. A few mud puddles as they had rain not too long ago.

Reactions: Laud

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Going to have to make a trip to Ozarks one of these days and maybe Magnolia Beach at the Gulf so can camp on beach someday :)

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

better? sorry laud. i will try and make it more understandable sunday with pictures.
We did this in 1 day....left just before 6 after getting breakfast and got there about 9 am...spent the day doing trails and exploring, left around 6 and got home at 9 so not bad for day trip but would like to stay longer next time we go so can do more :)

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

so we (wilson123/wife) went up saturday to scope things out. we got two great spots to camp with great scenery. did a couple of trails in between both spots great views up high of the lake and tree lines. working on getting that set up to show and get input as to when and which spot. see everyone next week. we will also talk what was and not open for food (restraunts) as neither are far from either end of the camp locations.
Where did you go again? Sounds exactly what we’re looking for

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

By Hochatown, OK....just north of Broken Bow, OK. There are great places at
By Hochatown, OK. There are more trails and waterfalls by Beavers Bend by Broken Bow, OK but we did not have time to see them since just day trip. If you are in San Antonio you might want a 2-3 day trip at least to enjoy. :)

Busaman2013

Rank IV

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Aviles
Member #

By Hochatown, OK....just north of Broken Bow, OK. There are great places at
By Hochatown, OK. There are more trails and waterfalls by Beavers Bend by Broken Bow, OK but we did not have time to see them since just day trip. If you are in San Antonio you might want a 2-3 day trip at least to enjoy. :)
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that

Reactions: Wilson123

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

I think a man over bight might make sense and it would give us a chance to do a few more trials.

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

Hey y'all,

I have been out with a broken Jeep and just now getting back. Am I reading this correctly the next meet up is in Oklahoma? What's the plan?
We are meet in Grapevine on the 26th to na down date and location of a trip in mid to late September. We would love to get you out, their is a rally point with all the details.

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

the trails are pretty clear for most part. we only have kO2s no mud tires. did just fine. i put in 4 hi once rest in 2 wd. there are some wash out spots with goey puddles here and there but not many per trail. there is a rough spot atthe begining of one trail that may give lower and longer vehicles bumper scrapes. nothing to bad its a rock entrance thats steep for first 100 ft . we will have picture at meet up to look at. aird down to around25 psi just to make it smoother . we found one trail at the lake spot that had trees in theroad from them clearing out trees. used the chainsaw cleared out. no sharp rocks in roads. some trees slightly poking out the sides of veggitation but avoidable. trailas for most parts plenty of room tho 1 or 2 spots that a big dodge may need help guided around. height wasnt a problem for branches. plenty of time to do all the trails in about 4 hrs with a slow pace of 10 to 15 mph.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-