DeLorme - They just keep getting better...

• HTML tutorial

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

DeLorme is now offering weather reports via satellite! The awesomeness continues.
Link: http://inreachdelorme.com/product-info/inreach-weather.php

WEATHER FORECASTS
Get weather forecasts sent directly to your inReach or Earthmate App
inReach forecasts deliver weather details directly to your inReach, giving you the information you need to make educated decisions and stay safe on your adventure. Request weather forecasts for your current location, for a specific waypoint, or by manually entering coordinates.

Basic:
The Basic forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for three days in six-hour intervals. Each forecast counts as one text message against your data plan. Source: Forecast.io

Premium (Non-marine):
The Premium forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for seven days. The first twelve-hours are forecast in one-hour intervals, followed by intervals of increasing length for the remaining days. Each forecast costs $1 per request. Source: Forecast.io

Premium (Marine):
In addition to the details of the Premium forecast, the Marine feature also includes wave height, current, and visibility details. Each forecast costs $1 per request. Source: OCENS

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

I have been using InReach for a little over three years. It has been a great investment! I have been in situation where weather caused the group to separate and just being able to notify all of the situation helped keep people calm. Nothing like a freak thunderstorm to make you change your plans. I like the weather update. I just wish there was a way to attach a photo to a message. I think this could also be useful in an emergency situation.

Reactions: SLO Rob