Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Chance
Last Name
Bloodworth
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Has anyone in OB converted one of their decked drawers in to a slide out kitchen?

I have the Decked system but I am torn between having the kitchen built in to the drawer vs losing that storage space just to tuck the kitchen away.

I saw this picture of a van with a decked system drawer kitchen and its what really got the wheels spinning on this idea. Just curious what you all have done....

Attachments

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
That's a nice conversion! I'd be torn too. Curious to see what others have done.

cbloodworth

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Chance
Last Name
Bloodworth
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
That's a nice conversion! I'd be torn too. Curious to see what others have done.
Yeah its pretty slick. I've seen some pretty wild DIY mods on theses decked systems, thought for sure someone in here would have made a slide out kitchen in one.

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
That is pretty slick especially as I have been seriously considering getting the Decked system for my truck.

cbloodworth

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Chance
Last Name
Bloodworth
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
That is pretty slick especially as I have been seriously considering getting the Decked system for my truck.
Ya I've had mine for about 18 months now. For me and the kind of trips I take and work/ life in general its proved to be worth its weight in gold. I love the organization ability, and being able to keep the cab clear for the family to have plenty of space when we travel.

Reactions: seawolf156

muddyrivers

Rank I

Contributor III

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Rivers
Has anyone in OB converted one of their decked drawers in to a slide out kitchen?

I have the Decked system but I am torn between having the kitchen built in to the drawer vs losing that storage space just to tuck the kitchen away.

I saw this picture of a van with a decked system drawer kitchen and its what really got the wheels spinning on this idea. Just curious what you all have done....
That is a nice mod. Could you share some photos of how you made your insert? What of anything would you do differently. Thank you, just looking for ideas to get started.