Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

I randomly need to be in Las Vegas tomorrow and saturday, not too excited about this part.
The Good news, I have all day sunday and monday to have some fun on the way home.
I was thinking of heading to the Barker Ranch and then maybe trying to make it to the pinnacles to camp for the night. Monday do a little more exploring and then back home. Is this doable? I know it short, an alternate recommend route through Death Valley east to west, would be appreciated.

ndamico

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
D'Amico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6TBF
If you're in Vegas and want to see a mine go to the old warm springs resort. The talc mine is cool to see. Barker ranch is ok but not awesome. If you have the means go to minnieta mine or spend the night at Briggs cabin.

Reactions: Jgallo1

Jgallo1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

Ended up doing 2 nights in death valley, not the best camping, due to snow, wind, rain, ice. The days were amazing and death valley in the snow is really something to see.

The first day we drove the Titus canyon road in we had every kind of weather thrown at us so it was a little slower going. The road is in really great shape, I only had to put the truck in 4wheel once b/c of the mud. We were going camp at wild rose but due to freezing rain we decided to head back down and camp down low.

The next day we went up to the kilns and then hiked up to the peak and then spent the night at wild rose.

The following day we drove out and went to the barker ranch and the pinnacles.

On another note, the new rig did exceptional well.

Attachments

Last edited: