• HTML tutorial

Jimmy Slim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia CA
Member #

Whats up Ventures!?

Hey guys ...Im trying to get a good size group to overland south Death Valley from 1/8 to 1/11. hopefully the weather hasn't been too crazy and we only get a good amount of snow. that being said this trip will be cold! So plan for snow camping.

Day 1.. Meet up at Lone Pine, CA around 10AM then check out Alabama Hills for a few hours and have lunch. from there we head to Trona Pinnacles to set up camp and explore area.

Day 2... Head north on 172 to Ballarat Rd. 15 miles to Wingate Rd. for 15 miles and a left on BLM rd. P52. there we drive 40 miles through Goler Wash, Mengal Pass and Butte Valley. We will camp somewhere along this trail... this is the area where we run into snow.

Day 3... Take Harry Wade Road to exit Death Valley. this trail is about 32 miles. jump on the 127 north to Dumont Dunes! here we will explore Sperry Wash and hit the dunes. Camp here for the night.

Day 4... Pack up and go home or head down to Mojave National Preserve and check out the lava tubes.

Let me know if you are interested!

Thanks!

Attachments

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Death Valley is on my list of places to go but January is packed for me. If plans do change as @daPitbull mentioned, maybe later in the year, this may work