Death Valley for Christmas

• HTML tutorial

Sunnydog

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bellingham WA
Member #

Hi y'all my family and I (that's 3young boys a dog and my wife and I) are headed to Death Valley on Thursday, somewhere we've never been, does anyone know of any parts NOT to visit or any parts we must see? Before I go to far let me introduce our rig, she is a 99 eurovan 2WD, lifted, a tin top therefore I added an ARB rooftop tent we carry extra fuel and plenty of water ,the interior (fridge,lights,inverter all from house battery) , is all run from solar so we are self sufficient . I realize that not having 4WD will limit us somewhat but we do ok in the Oregon outback and other forest tracks. Our first night will be spent in the shasta-trinity national forest east of McCloud CA on highway 80 ,does anyone know any good spots to camp? I don't want to stay to far from the highway as the next day is another long drive( those of you with 3 kids all under 10 know how those drives go! ) Any help would be great.
Thanks Ivan,Rebecca,Gallagher,Sawyer,Leland and sunny

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Wow, good trip and enjoy your family! I think DV is a great place to visit during Christmas. Problem is, you won't be alone, a lot of RV'ers head there, but it's all good. With 2WD there's a lot to see still.
Sorry no recommendations, others here will chime in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using OB Talk mobile app