Death Valley, Ca trip in October. Any ideas or recommendations?

• HTML tutorial

rdawson63

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fontana, CA, USA
First Name
Rommel
Last Name
Dawson
Member #

Thank you very much SGT 12XU! I really appreciate your videos and paths that you provided. I am thinking of starting in October from the 395 on the west end of DV. Then work my way east to check out some dispersed camp sites then off to the 15 freeway. Appreciate your videos since I am new to four wheeling.
Any possibility I can get a gpx file from your trip? I enjoyed your youtube videos regarding the trails you took.

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Thank you very much SGT 12XU! I really appreciate your videos and paths that you provided. I am thinking of starting in October from the 395 on the west end of DV. Then work my way east to check out some dispersed camp sites then off to the 15 freeway. Appreciate your videos since I am new to four wheeling.
No problem, glad you liked them. It was a busy three days but worth it. Hopefully you got some ideas from my trip or a sense of what’s out there.

Blue Falcon

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Do your research and please abide by the rules of the NPS. A stop at the Furnace Creek Park Office for a lot of information. Stopping at the Eastern Sierra Interagency Center in Lone Pine is also very informative. DVNP is the largest National Park outside of AK. Tread lightly as not all members do. There is an informative thread on Tacoma World all about DV...
Found it:

I recommend getting the nat geo map for DV. Also the Mitchell book is a good resource. I've found these books in various stores and gas stations on the 395. Death Valley SUV Trails

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Sledge