Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Just wanted to say thanks! Killer deal for two lci water cans
LOL, I bet it costs half of that just to ship them.

I have no idea what is compelling this deal, or how long it will go on, but I hope everyone takes advantage of this deal while it is available, because I somewhat doubt you'll see it again anywhere else.

Reactions: Ubiety and EXPO_D1

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Just wanted to say thanks! Killer deal for two lci water cans
LOL, I bet it costs half of that just to ship them.

I have no idea what is compelling this deal, or how long it will go on, but I hope everyone takes advantage of this deal while it is available, because I somewhat doubt you'll see it again anywhere else.
My thoughts exactly!

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Mine came in today, they were green. Looks like they are new cans. Still says "Property of US Government" on them. The cats really like the box they shipped in.
Cats are easily satisfied, yes I posted links to green and tan, you should have gotten the color you ordered, if you didn't order some more LOL that way you will not regret not doing so later :)

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Having a wrench like below, though, is sure handy to both tighten and loosen when on the trail. I've cranked mine so tight by hand, then with temps changing had a hard time getting the caps off and wished I had one.
It works on the fill cap, spout cap, and vent cap. One user said it wasn't so great for their LCI jug, others love it. Not to be confused with the one they sell for military fuel containers.
Thanks for the tips! Ordered a wrench and spigot setup. My cans are drab green so I ordered the tan cap/spigot to make it easier to identify which cap accepts the spigot.

Reactions: Road and bgenlvtex

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I have yet to get tracking info. I ordered on 3/1. order says open order still, anyone know what that means?
In my experience an open order means paid for but not yet shipped. Its pretty well established amongst OB users that they are not the quickest shippers - took 2-3 weeks to get mine.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
My 5 boxes came and the wife was like WTF did you buy now! Then I explained and she is all for it.
Think I am going to buy some tan ones also.

Now we got to find a killer deal on fuel cans....LOL

Jim

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
My 5 boxes came and the wife was like WTF did you buy now! Then I explained and she is all for it.
Think I am going to buy some tan ones also.

Now we got to find a killer deal on fuel cans....LOL

Jim
Yeah, I got "busted" by the wife yesterday; too many recent deliveries ;)

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

The last line under the 'Description' section for this item on the LCI website shows this to be an "AbilityOne Product". I'm not sure exactly what that means but I bought a MWC from Grainger a couple of years back that was stamped "AbilityOne" and "Property of US Government:". IIRC, the price was somewhere between $25 and $30 out the door. Good can and I have no complaints BUT it is not of the same quality as my Scepter MFC fuel cans. The molding seams have a fair amount of flash and the bottom is not as uniform. Grainger carries both AbilityOne and Scepter and this is a comparison link from the Grainger site. The comparison shows the construction material to be 'plastic' on the AbilityOne while the Scepter is listed as HDPE and there are some slight variances in the dimensions.

This is not a knock on the AbilityOne product; mine has stood up to a lot of abuse and the price found by the OP is certainly great. If I had it to do over, I'd make the same choice.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
The last line under the 'Description' section for this item on the LCI website shows this to be an "AbilityOne Product". I'm not sure exactly what that means but I bought a MWC from Grainger a couple of years back that was stamped "AbilityOne" and "Property of US Government:". IIRC, the price was somewhere between $25 and $30 out the door. Good can and I have no complaints BUT it is not of the same quality as my Scepter MFC fuel cans. The molding seams have a fair amount of flash and the bottom is not as uniform. Grainger carries both AbilityOne and Scepter and this is a comparison link from the Grainger site. The comparison shows the construction material to be 'plastic' on the AbilityOne while the Scepter is listed as HDPE and there are some slight variances in the dimensions.

This is not a knock on the LCI product; mine has stood up to a lot of abuse and the price is certainly great. If I had it to do over, I'd make the same choice.
AbilityOne - the production and sale of AbilityOne items provides jobs to folks with disabilities.