Advocate I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Hahn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0POB
Careful - if the nozzles are from the link in #12 post above, their description page says "Fits Scepter Military Water Cans Only - (Will NOT Fit LC Industries Water Cans)"

Be good to hear from anyone using this nozzle with the LCI MWCs. If they don't work, perhaps a slightly different thread or diameter.
That is the spigot I ordered for my LCI MWCs. It worked fine on my jug.

Reactions: FishinCrzy and Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

These LCI water cans are $40 USD on Amazon right now. So if this deal is still going on and you need a water can or two, now's the time
Crazy to read the reviews there. A lot of user error, methinks. These are great, stout, containers and are a good deal at BuyLCI. I've used my LCI MWCs all over the place going on four years in all kinds of environments and weather and you do. not. need. o-rings. I've experimented with that at length. Tighten 'em right and you can lay them down on their sides without leaks. Some will, like the guy at JAGMTE that sells nozzles and modified caps, add a little grease (vaseline is fine) to the threads.

I keep mine mostly for water storage, not for working out of. I really like my FRO jerry with built-in threaded faucet, which I upgraded to bronze, for daily water chores. I can hook a long food-grade hose or shower hose to it, too, if need be. Here it's draining into my trailer tank. I set it there, bungee the funnel, and go do other things.

waterjug-filling_0869-900.jpg

For cooking and coffee water, I keep a smaller 2gal fridge jug and will keep spring water in it when I have it. Pretty handy in a kitchen setup. The good thing about the LCI, Scepter, or FRO jerrys is that their dark color helps prevent bacteria from blooming in your water supply. In the clear jug below, if I don't keep it clean and every once in a while give it a rinse with a light bleach solution, it'll grow algae over time. You don't want that in your coffee.

2.5waterjug copy.jpg

Reactions: FishinCrzy

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Thank you from me as well. I grabbed 4 also. I was having a heck of a time with the blue reliance 5 gallon ones with the spigot. They are thin and cannot be stacked not to mention the odd shapes. Should be able to fit much better on the carrier. Cant wait to put them to use.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Just ordered two, I didn’t get the super awesome discount % they were offering but I’m still happy.
Thanks for the link
Did you set up an account and use the first order link they send in an email or did you check out as a guest?

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I made a new account. But didn’t see a new customer link.

still a good enough deal for me.
I'm only asking because I don't want people to have false expectations based on what I originally promoted. If it needs to be edited I will.

After I set up an account they emailed an account confirmation and link to first order discount.

Reactions: Road and Kent R

NHMachinist

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin NH
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Minzner
Member #

I'm only asking because I don't want people to have false expectations based on what I originally promoted. If it needs to be edited I will.

After I set up an account they emailed an account confirmation and link to first order discount.
I have a tracking number and mine will be here tomorrow. I think they have some issues with their website.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I have a tracking number and mine will be here tomorrow. I think they have some issues with their website.
Yeah there is a "slow shipping" warning on the home page of the website (the website is pretty clunky), but I'm more concerned with the extra first order discount. Without the discount they are a great deal yes, an additional discount is just that much better.

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
I just verified. I clicked the link in my email and it does apply a 15% discount. I’ll just use it for something else if I still can later

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

yep, mine was processing a couple dats ago as well.
This number was in the 400's when I posted that link, and the tan ones were in the 600's (now a little over 1000). I ordered on 2/21 and they arrived 3/1. I wouldn't expect them in any less than 10 days, and I don't remember there being the shipping delay notice on the home page when I ordered.
Screenshot_20210310-143057~2.png

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Yep, mine was ordered on then 3/1 but has now arrived. PSA: Scepter spouts do work on the LCI containers. Just tried it. I think the 10 L size is more convenient but I will put the 20 L to work also. FYI, the LCI cans have Property of the US Government on the sides. Hmmpphh! Think I need to save my receipt?