DC to DC Charger

• HTML tutorial

lightcatchr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA
Member #

I'm searching for a DC-DC charger for my auxiliary battery. My top pick is CTek D250SA but it's currently not availabe for North America. What charger are you using? Any recommendation is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
Aha!new one is 120!nice! Shouldn't be long since ctek has good us presence? Have you contacted ctek USA and asked nice? Curious. Do you need 120 amps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lightcatchr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA
Member #

No, I haven't contacted them. I have contacted other companies before regarding future products. I always get vague answers and estimate date that's completely off. I think I'll wait for a few more months.

My alternator cannot handle 120 amps, so I will not be using the Smartpass. I'll have just the charger 20 amps. That is enough to power my fridge if I drive at least 1.5 hours everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
In that case the older version is available. Cheaper! There are are others but it seems to have the edge especially considering it has mppt built in!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

Could you share some pictures of your rig and how the charger is wired? How reliable is it? Thanks in advance.
Here's a shot of the installed charger. Not very good but it is tucked into my battery compartment and not in a very good place to take a pic off.

As far as wiring goes the charge wire from my tow vehicle provides the input. The output goes directly to the battery (fused at the battery). Common ground.

-Curtiss

Reactions: lightcatchr