DC <> St John's Newfoundland

• HTML tutorial

CaseOfAle

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings.

We head out on Friday. Laving DC bound for St. Johns's Newfoundland.

1564890500087.png

Equipment :

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, Stock

2019 JAY FLIGHT SLX 7 145 RB

Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs)2415

1564890562975.png

Followed the Definitive Guide to Brake Controllers: JL - Trailer Brake Controller

::

Only 5 days to install mods before we hit the road.

I purchased this Honda Generator:
Hopefully, it can run the AC if needed.

And this gas tank :
So project one is to relocate the battery on the tongue so the gas tank can sit there. I think I'm going to use angle iron and bolt a parallel set to the frame (no welding skillz), then bolt the feet of the tank to the angle iron. Now I'll have to relocate the battery - So I'll do the same, create a new set of parallel angle iron, and mount the battery next to the propane tank. Unless Harbor freight has some awesome tongue basket I can bolt on to hold all three.

I don't know what to do with the generator though, don't want to store it in the TT, no place to store it outside. I'd love to find someone to extend the rear frame 12" so I can get a Tractor Supply metal storage box, then I could store the generator and other items behind the rear axle.

We expect to boondock and off-grid most of the trip.

View attachment 210843

Attachments

CaseOfAle

Rank 0

Traveler I

It will be my third trip through Moncton. I used to work with a guy in the states that opened a sushi restaurant in Moncton. What restaurant would you recommend?

Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
It will be my third trip through Moncton. I used to work with a guy in the states that opened a sushi restaurant in Moncton. What restaurant would you recommend?
Depends on what style of food you like. Pub food I would say Tide and Boar or The Pump House. Tide and Boar often has live music, and the pump house makes their own beer.

Cinta Ria has amazing Malaysian food. The Old Triangle his an Irish pub if your in the mood for Irish food.

For a little more fancy but not really more expensive I would say Manuka, which is french cuisine and it’s in this nice old house. And close there is a place called Brumes du Coude wish is also amazing.

But let me know when your around if you need help getting around. :)

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Nice. I did this few years ago. Now Planning to do Labrador to NF, more likely 2021.

Zapo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Paris, France
First Name
William
Last Name
Boulay
Member #

Nice trip !

I made a round trip in Nova Scotia few years ago and rented a Truck Camper on F150 in Halifax, Nova Scotia definetly worth a visit, it's an amazing province, specialy the Cape Breton island. I dream to drive on the Newfoundland and Labrador, maybe one day with my Defender.