San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Does anyone have any good routes through Davy Crockett National Forrest? Heading out there towards the end of the month so trying to get a plan together.

Reactions: LD5050

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Honestly there arent any. the longest one i know of thats open is 918a but it is only 3 miles long. For some reason the texas nfs dont have trails like oklahoma, arkansas and about every other state with nfs land. Texas parks are more rv oriented than anything

Reactions: Tray

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Honestly there arent any. the longest one i know of thats open is 918a but it is only 3 miles long. For some reason the texas nfs dont have trails like oklahoma, arkansas and about every other state with nfs land. Texas parks are more rv oriented than anything
Yeah I know, not a whole lot of technical off reading opportunities here, but there’s also the other aspect of just getting out and seeing beautiful places away from everything and everyone else. Thanks for the recommendation.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I hear ya, if youve never been to any of the attractions in texas definately go, just dont expect to need 4x4 or anything. Plenty of awesome views can be seen on dirt and rock backroads around texas. There are short trails in the nfs down there google nfs visitor map

Reactions: Tray