Dash Mounts

• HTML tutorial

CagedLife

Rank 0

Traveler I

India
I ordered a Ram X mount for iPhone. should have it here tomorrow... I have a question though.. Will the suction cup suck and hold onto the flat plastic surfaces ok.. I don't want to mount it to the windshield..
The suction cup that came with mine came with a kind of a liquid inside it. Probably a mild adhesive of some kind. I would suggest that you mount your phone onto the X Grip and without removing the layer that covers the suction mount, make up your mind about where you'd want to mount it. While sitting in your natural position on the seat and check for visibility etc. Only then mount it onto the flat surface.

Reactions: Scout

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

it came with a glue type tube but that's for the 4 little rubber gripper feet that holds the phone..the suction mount doesn't have anything on it for adhering??!!

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

The iOttie mounts are inexpensive, incredibly adjustable, and reasonably stable. The suction cup also has some sort of Post-It Note-like adhesive. You press a tab on each side of the phone to release it, and you just press the phone against a large, center button to lock it into the mount.

Reactions: feetforbrains

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I was going to get the iOttie.. I had one in my hands but decided to get the Ram mount instead..I've found that the suction cup will hold with a little bit of moisture {like any other suction cup,I guess}.. I wet it with a damp paper towel..

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

I was going to get the iOttie.. I had one in my hands but decided to get the Ram mount instead..I've found that the suction cup will hold with a little bit of moisture {like any other suction cup,I guess}.. I wet it with a damp paper towel..
you wet it with a paper towel, what are you thinking, when you have that dog in your profile picture, just let him take care of it.

feetforbrains

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vashon, WA 98070
First Name
MatthewAlan
Last Name
Thyer
Member #

The iOttie mounts are inexpensive, incredibly adjustable, and reasonably stable. The suction cup also has some sort of Post-It Note-like adhesive. You press a tab on each side of the phone to release it, and you just press the phone against a large, center button to lock it into the mount.

Kevin,

How did you wire in your phone? Mind taking a few more pictures fo the back side of all that? I'm currently very unhappy with the Anker mount I got for mine. The suction cup won't stick to my dash :(

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign