Dash Cameras - Thread & Recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 16492
  • Start date
  • HTML tutorial
Dash Cameras

It’s time to finally decide on a dash cam.

Recommendations.

Model, features, price, links, experience.

I don’t need a parking mode. Just want it while vehicle is on.

Thanks!

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Thinkware F50's. are pretty good as well. They run right around $100 IIRC from Best Buy, but you might be able to find it cheaper on Amazon. They're small (almost look like part of the rear view mirror), take 1080p vids in 1 minute chunks, come with a 16GB (I think) micro SD that is expandable to 64GB and the software is pretty straightforward. They also come with a 12V plug, but can be hardwired if you decide to go that route. As for mounting, it uses double sided 3M tape for the mount that the camera just slides/snaps onto. I've had them in two of my vehicles and have been happy with them.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I need a dash cam for my truck. It’s a great way for a driver can really protect themselves from the influx of bad drivers here. That blackvue commercial truck camera with remote rear camera looks like a great choice.

bawa

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oakville, Ontario
Member #

I have been using this one for a couple of years on my wife’s car and on my truck. Small, cheap, loop recording and pretty good video quality. I set it and forget it - it turns on and off with the car. I power the camera via a USB cig lighter plug.

I ended up going with the

Yi Smart Dash Cam

It is about $50 on Amazon and can handle up to a 64 GB card. The camera is a wide angle 165 degree and does great with low light conditions. I need a few cameras so even though the Blackvue is nice they would add up really quick. This one has an app for the iPhone and built in wifi. So far very happy!