D Ring Shackles for Silverado?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14476
  • Start date
  • HTML tutorial
D

Deleted member 14476

Anybody of the Silverado Squad running D Ring Shackles on the front of their rig? How’d you do it if you did? I want to get some for my 2010, the only aftermarket option I’ve seen is this ”Tow Hook to Shackle Conversion Kit” from Rough Country.

These look a little questionable, but I’m glad to be wrong if someone thinks these will work fine. These will mount to where my tow hooks used to be (circled in red)

Should I go with these, or get a shop to fabricate mounts for the shackles? What do you guys think would be the one and done solution here. I want the best option possible, and if these would be cutting corners, I don’t want them on my rig.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14476

Were your original hooks damaged? I’ve had mine out of the rig before, they’re more substantial than the ones in the link.
No, they’re fine I’m just getting D rings to replace them. I don’t plan on getting the D rings shown there, just the “adapter” piece. (If that’s the best option for the upgrade)

Reactions: Sparksalot
D

Deleted member 14476

I have the RC mounts with Gear America Mega shackles. I would be careful side loading the mounts. A 20' rope makes a great bridle for attaching at both points.
4X4 Bridle
I haven’t thought of a bridle, I’ll definitely be getting one! Where’d you get yours?

And what did you think about the build quality for the mounts? Do they seem pretty legit and well built?

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I haven’t thought of a bridle, I’ll definitely be getting one! Where’d you get yours?

And what did you think about the build quality for the mounts? Do they seem pretty legit and well built?
The RC mount is adequate, not overkill. I use my 20ft recovery rope with a abrasion shield. I like Gear America products, but there are many, many venders. The video I linked shows you how to determine the length you need, most rigs are in the 16-20 ft area.

D

Deleted member 14476

The RC mount is adequate, not overkill. I use my 20ft recovery rope with a abrasion shield…..
Sounds like I’ll order them if I don’t find an alternative. Yeah I saw that, I watched the whole video, how about that trigonometry lol

Thank you for the help, I really do appreciate it