CVT Trailer & Mt Denali RTT First Look!

• HTML tutorial

Ryan Welch

Rank II

Advocate II

Eugene, Oregon
Member #

Finally joined the #CVTFamily this week. Got the new CVT Trailer and the Mt Denali Roof Top Tent. Here's just a quick first look at the trailer.

So far, I love it! Very well-built. The price was for sure a bit steep as I looked around, but I realized it's well worth it. Quality is amazing. Can't wait to get it out and put it to the test more!

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

Nice setup. I'm interested to look at the trailer. I have Mt Denali RTT delivering this week.

b_boden

Rank 0

Traveler I

Renton, WA
Member #

That's a pretty sweet setup!!!

Do you plan on hauling anything between the bottom of the tent (crossbars) and on the lid of the trailer? Curious why they made so much room in between. Maybe so the Annex (if you bought one) will be at full length?

Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Ryan Welch

Rank II

Advocate II

Eugene, Oregon
Member #

That's a pretty sweet setup!!!

Do you plan on hauling anything between the bottom of the tent (crossbars) and on the lid of the trailer? Curious why they made so much room in between. Maybe so the Annex (if you bought one) will be at full length?

Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Yeah, I wanted the taller crossbars to the tent would be similar height as Jeep roof and so the annex would be full size. I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do with that space. Taking it out this weekend to try it. I've thought about storing the paddle boards there or possibly getting a basket to strap down coolers or firewood or something. It's for sure a lot of space that I don't want to go wasted.

I'll keep you posted on what I end up doing.

b_boden

Rank 0

Traveler I

Renton, WA
Member #

Yeah, I wanted the taller crossbars to the tent would be similar height as Jeep roof and so the annex would be full size. I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do with that space. Taking it out this weekend to try it. I've thought about storing the paddle boards there or possibly getting a basket to strap down coolers or firewood or something. It's for sure a lot of space that I don't want to go wasted.

I'll keep you posted on what I end up doing.
That makes total sense! You could mount some RotoPax/MaxTraxx to the sides and to the basket/paddle board setup like you were thinking! Might even be sweet if you could get a universal /Yakima/Thule crossbar kit to work on there so you can switch out between accessories that you mount on there depending on what you are going to be doing.

Ryan Welch

Rank II

Advocate II

Eugene, Oregon
Member #

That makes total sense! You could mount some RotoPax/MaxTraxx to the sides and to the basket/paddle board setup like you were thinking! Might even be sweet if you could get a universal /Yakima/Thule crossbar kit to work on there so you can switch out between accessories that you mount on there depending on what you are going to be doing.
Yes, I love the idea of it being modular and changing it out depending on what we're doing. That's a great idea! One of the main reasons I chose to get a trailer was the versatility.

b_boden

Rank 0

Traveler I

Renton, WA
Member #

Yes, I love the idea of it being modular and changing it out depending on what we're doing. That's a great idea! One of the main reasons I chose to get a trailer was the versatility.
I think those load bars could be exactly what you need for some added versatility! Could probably find some old round bars on CraigsList for cheap. The hardest part would be mounting them on there, could do something like in this thread https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/utility-trailer-conversion-2.5503/

Reactions: Ryan Welch